Wrong Disk Status reported in Rutorrent and in Widget

widget
disk
quota

#1

I am running QuickBox on Ubuntu 16.04 in a Kimsufi server.
I installed everything and set the quota 900GB.
After transfering some stuff to the server I noticed that the quota widget wasn’t showing the real used space. I checked rutorrent and it shows me two different disk spaces: http://i.imgur.com/hSs6Bcm.jpg

The quota widget and the lower part of rutorrent shows 888.6GB free but the “free disk space” in the torrents “general” tab shows 827.32GB. The widget says 11.37GB used so I checked via SSH (du -hs /home/username) and it said 40GB used.

How do I fix this?

I am using a server for a single user. Is it possible to stop using quotas and let the widget and rutorrent show the real disk space remaining?


#2

This actually a simple fix and it is something I had overlooked in the previous release… it’s getting an update as soon as development passes and rolls into production.

Go to your ‘Plugins’ tab in ruTorrent and there you can disable either the diskspace (if you have a home mount, ie; /home) or disable the diskspaceh (if you have a root mount, ie; /)

Are you talking about the widget on the dashboard? Or the plugin in ruTorrent.

Also, what does the command showspace reveal?


#3

I believe I have a root mount (I deleted the /home partition and set the whole space to / when installing).
If I disable diskpace and activate only diskspaceh there is no disk meter in the status bar.
If I enable diskpaceh and let diskspace disabled it will show 888.6GB/900GB.
Back in the QuickBox panel, the Disk Status widget shows:
Free: 888.628 GB
Used: 11.3718 GB
Size: 900 GB

The “showspace” command shows 43.5GB.


#4

If you have a root mount, you keep the diskspace… disable the diskspaceh (h = home)

It’s possible that ajax is acting out if the dashboards disk widget is not showing the amount. Does it update if you refresh the page?


#5

No. Nothing changes.


#6

Interesting, never had this particular issue happen before.

What is the output of this command: lsblk


#7

NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sda 8:0 0 931.5G 0 disk
├─sda1 8:1 0 931G 0 part /
└─sda2 8:2 0 511M 0 part [SWAP]


#8

I got confused while typing. I have now only diskspace activated and it shows the disk space in rutorrent status bar. The problem is it is wrong. Is like frozen, just like the amount shown in the QuickBox dashboard…


#9

I am wondering if your quotas stopped.

Try this:

service quota stop
quotaoff -a
quotacheck -auMF vfsv1
quotaon -a
service quota start

See if that re-fires the quota.


#10

I did it and both the widget and the rutorrent status bar changed.
Now the widget shows:
Free: 885.676 GB
Used: 14.3238 GB
Size: 900 GB

Except it should say 44.6GB used…


#11

I think this may be a kimsufi related issue… there is another user (a beta squad member) that has numerous issues with Kimsufi and we think it may be a kernel issue.

What is the output of uname -a


#12

Linux nsXXXXXX.ip-XXX-XX-XX.eu 4.4.0-22-generic #40-Ubuntu SMP Thu May 12 22:03:46 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux


#13

Should be no issues there.

Wold you be ok with me contacting tomorrow for login details so I may take a look at some of your server settings?

Hard to troubleshoot verbally, I’d have better luck hands on. These details would remain private via PM.


#14

Yeah, no problem. Thanks.


#15

I don’t think I’ll need access to your server for this issue. I was able to replicate it on a VirtualBox install. Do the following and tell me when you have a chance if this solves the issue.

apt-get install -y linux-image-extra-virtual
service quota stop
quotaoff -a
quotacheck -auMF vfsv1
quotaon -uv /
service quota start

In short it appears that the quota module was removed from the virtual kernel. If Kimsufi is putting their machines up via cloud images and other such “quick launch” measures, then this is most certainly the case. It would also explain the sea of 20 network interface adapters that Kimsufi uses.

I am going to implement this within the script on quota install on the next production release.

This may also help anyone else that is noticing diskspace not updating properly.


Quota's and commands
#16

I tried the commands above but nothing changed. :confused:
For the Rutorrent status bar disk meter my old seedbox provider used a plugin called “quotaspace”.
I was going to try to upload it to the server and see if it worked for rutorrent, but I couldn’t find the rutorrent installation folder (it isn’t in /var/www/).


#17

Do you have anything else installed? Webmin or otherwise that could be conflicting with quotas.

RuTorrent is installed at /srv/rutorrent


#18

No, I did a fresh install of Ubuntu 16.04 and installed QuickBox.
Is it possible to completely remove the quota system and let Rutorrent and the Dashboard Widget show the actual full disk space?


#19

No, unfortunately they need to be able to read the diskspace. They will not dynamically know how much a particular mount has. You could attempt to install Webmin and see if it will recognize your quotas. Simply doing service quota stop followed by quotaoff -a would be sufficient enough to stop it.

You could also try to remount your quotas on the root partition.

quotaoff -a
service quota stop
mount -o remount /
quotacheck -auMF vfsv1
quotaon -uv /
service quota start

Something tells me there is more afoot here than realized though. I am starting to think Kimsufi is to blame. The other user with this same issue was able to solve it by installing the extra-virtual packages.


#20

I have noticed one thing right now.
If I download the files via Rutorrent, the disk status will update just fine.
But if I transfer files from my old seedbox via BTSync or send files via SFTP and hash check them with Rutorrent the disk status won’t update…