Plex ko after update

Hi guys !
I’ve got an issue with Plex on my quickbox server.
I’m using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and QuickBox 2.5.4.

I wanted to update Plex but i didn’t see there was a commande (upgradePlex), so i have downloaded the .deb on the plex website to my server and run it with the command line : “dpkg -i plexmediaserver…deb”
All was ok but now plex don’t want to start, i’ve got a message when i launch “service plexmediaserver status” :

● plexmediaserver.service - Plex Media Server for Linux
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: inactive (dead) (Result: signal) since Tue 2018-10-02 15:34:15 CEST; 12min ago
Process: 13056 ExecStart=/bin/sh -c LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/plexmediaserver "/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Media Se
Process: 13053 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c /usr/bin/test -d “${PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT_DIR}” || /bin/mkdir
Main PID: 13056 (code=killed, signal=ABRT)

Oct 02 15:34:10 quick systemd[1]: plexmediaserver.service: Unit entered failed state.
Oct 02 15:34:10 quick systemd[1]: plexmediaserver.service: Failed with result ‘signal’.
Oct 02 15:34:15 quick systemd[1]: plexmediaserver.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
Oct 02 15:34:15 quick systemd[1]: Stopped Plex Media Server for Linux.
Oct 02 15:34:15 quick systemd[1]: plexmediaserver.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Oct 02 15:34:15 quick systemd[1]: Failed to start Plex Media Server for Linux.

I don’t know what is the problem so i hope someone can help me to fix it.
I looked on google and don’t found a solution, i checked my system locale, checked all permissions and files and everything seems ok.
I restarted plexmediaserver several times and although made a hard reboot, just in case.

Do you have an idea ? (i prefer to not reinstall plex because i have a very huge music library with several playlists and don’t want to configure them again … :slight_smile: )

Thanks a lot, have a nice evening

My problem has been solved by an helpful guy on the discord.

For the help, you need to edit the file /lib/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service, and add the line Environment=LC_ALL=C under the [Service] section.
Save the file.

Reload the systemctl daemon with : systemctl daemon-reload and next restart plexmedia server.
It works for me.

Bye and thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.