Jackett installation

jackett

# box install jackett
Installing jackett
chown: cannot access 'Jackett': No such file or directory
sed: can't read /home/user/.config/Jackett/ServerConfig.json: No such file or directory
sed: can't read /home/user/.config/Jackett/ServerConfig.json: No such file or directory

Getting those errors when installing Jackett, I also can’t access the webpage.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Same problem here also installs via Dashboard but doesn’t enable.

Issue fixed in the Github repo. Issues on how to fix, if it doesn’t automatically for you: https://github.com/QuickBox/QuickBox/issues/7

The link is down, do you have an alternative link? Getting the same problem as OP when trying to install Jackett:

[[email protected]]:(5.1Mb)~$ sudo box install jackett
Installing jackett
chown: cannot access ‘Jackett’: No such file or directory
sed: can’t read /home/ttt/.config/Jackett/ServerConfig.json: No such file or directory
sed: can’t read /home/ttt/.config/Jackett/ServerConfig.json: No such file or directory

Installing via root or quickbox ui doesn’t work either.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Check if there is a a Jackett folder under ~/.config as well as in ~/.

If it’s missing Try mkdir ~/.config/Jackett

That dir already existed, not sure what the problem is.

Let’s try manually installing it, to see where it’s failing and why:
cd /home/$username wget -q https://github.com/Jackett/Jackett/releases/download/$jackettver/Jackett.Binaries.Mono.tar.gz tar -xvzf Jackett.Binaries.Mono.tar.gz > /dev/null 2>&1 rm -f Jackett.Binaries.Mono.tar.gz chown ${username}.${username} -R Jackett touch /install/.jackett.lock

Obviously, replace $username with your username. If these succeed, I’ll give you the next set of commands.

Yes that worked fine with an alternate github link! :slight_smile:

That’s unusual, since I literally copied from the latest QB jackett install script.

You can now either try the install script again, or continue the rest of the commands manually: https://github.com/QuickBox/QB/blob/master/packages/package/install/installpackage-jackett

Quite odd indeed.

I tried running “sudo box install jackett” again and it said it was already installed, but it isn’t. So I did box remove jackett and then tried to re-do the installation and I still receive the original error.

I was trying to manually install it but have no idea what ${local_setup} or other references mean. :worried:

Is it possible my Quickbox needs updated?

What version are you on @Pingu858?

V2.4.8 and BASH 4.3

Yup, you are a bit outdated as the new source is on v2.5 and located here:

If you need any help updating this to the new Repo, don’t hesitate to shoot me a PM.

Aha that fixed the issue! Now Jackett is installed first try using box install, thank you guys! :slight_smile:

A little note on the box upgrade guide, I had to type “rm -rf /etc/QuickBox” instead of “rm -rf QuickBox” for it to work.

Thanks again. :slight_smile:

just did a super fresh ubuntu install and getting:

You are running QuickBox v2.5.1
Your logged IP is
Your BASH version is 4.3

thebox:~# box install jackett
Installing jackett
sed: can’t read /home/globber/.config/Jackett/ServerConfig.json: No such file or directory
sed: can’t read /home/globber/.config/Jackett/ServerConfig.json: No such file or directory

Heya @Globber

Could you tell me if the .config directory exists at /home/globber/. If not, try to create the mkdir -p /home/globber/.config directory and assign it chmod 700 /home/globber/.config permissions and then try the install once more. Also, make sure it’s owned by your user chown -R globber:globber /home/globber/.config

ahh yeah the dir is there but owned by Root - should have seen that…changed ownership and the install goes like a charm!

Thanks a lot…

I added a commit that will make sure that /home/$username/.config/Jackett folder has the right permissions upon install. This should fix issues for any other users that have seen this issue.

Testing this on Development now. Thanks @d2dyno!

Hello; i have the same problem with jackett and i try all you said and its not working.

i test all but same problem:

Installing jackett
sed: can’t read /home/rachid59/.config/Jackett/ServerConfig.json: No such file or directory
sed: can’t read /home/rachid59/.config/Jackett/ServerConfig.json: No such file or directory
Thank you