Error 503 on everything

So I struggled for awhile to get plex running, Finally managed to get it up and running and adopted. In the process I thought the many changes I tried may have made my life harder going forward, so I paved my server and reloaded Ubuntu 16. Installed a 100% new quickbox and reinstalled plex.

SSH tunnel still didn’t work, X2go still doesn’t work, so I install openVPN and connect, visit my 10.x.x.x:32400/web and adopt my plex server.

I uninstall OpenVPN because I want this one to be as “clean” as possible.

Now I install SABnzbd, fresh load, the dashboard link gives: Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Sonarr gives the exact same message.
Radarr Gives the same message.
PlexPy same error…

Not a single app works from quickbox except plex so far.

I’m getting a bit frustrated here. Chat has been down since yesterday, IRC is offline. I’m going to give this a couple more hours of troubleshooting, but I’m pretty confident I could have installed everything from scratch myself on a fresh Ubuntu in a couple hours, while (thus far) Quickbox has taken well over 16 hours of fighting :(.

I love the idea of the project, and I plan to support it when it works for me, but right now I don’t know if I’m doing something horribly wrong or just that none of the scripts are properly working. I tried to simplify things as much as possible and it seems like every the first most basic step fails 100% of the time on any level of fresh load of Ubuntu.

Help?

PM me at your convenience and I will try to help you with this. I can 100% confirm that initial installs are having none of these issues as I have personally handled 2 today. Once you PM your server details, I will make time to login and see what this issue is related to.

Apparently I can’t pm you now because I’ve made 6 posts today…

bump. Also having 503 on any new service installed. Anybody found a solution yet?

Got a clean install and only ombi seems to 503 on me. Still cant figure the bugger out.

Im getting this problem on a fresh install. Rtorrent is not working from the begining. The solution described here https://plaza.quickbox.io/t/fresh-install-no-rtorrent-rutorrent/3675 does not help. If i run apt install -y rtorrent rtorrent gets instaled but the problem persists. Second i ran box install letsencrypt certificate gets generated and site is in green “secured”. As suggested https://plaza.quickbox.io/t/install-lets-encrypt-on-your-seedbox/2205
we need to run sed -i “s|DocumentRoot /var/www/html|DocumentRoot /srv/rutorrent/home/|g” /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default-le-ssl.conf && service apache2 restart but i end up with sed: can’t read /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default-le-ssl.conf: No such file or directory

Hostname is the same in /etc/hosts and /etc/hostname.

To resume the problems that im facing on a fresh install :

• no rtorrent Screenshot from 2017-11-13 23-56-09

• Service Unavailable error on all installed services, Sonarr, Emby etc.

Please advise. Kind regards!

There should be no need to run apt -y install rtorrent. This was only until a patch was presented for a proper building of rtorrent with OpenSSL. After install it is necessary to perform a reboot for some services to become active. Have you done a reboot?

With the command box install letsencrypt, there is no need to run the sed command as that Wiki is prior to the inclusion of the command that handles that for you.

Could you provide the systemctl status ... for those specific services. Hard to say without much to go on.

I think you figured this one out, yes?
As per the comment I made on the issue at Github:

Ok, for now a workaround is to go through the Ombi Wizard (@ http://YOURIP:5000) and add the base path manually as /ombi. After you restart Ombi, you should be able to access it via https://YOURIP/ombi as per the link on the dashboard.

For Rtorrent

systemctl status rtorrent@mihai
[email protected] - rTorrent
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/[email protected]; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2017-11-14 09:05:33 CET; 11h ago
Process: 1024 ExecStop=/usr/bin/killall -w -s 2 /usr/bin/rtorrent (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Process: 934 ExecStart=/usr/bin/screen -d -m -fa -S rtorrent /usr/bin/rtorrent (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS
Process: 919 ExecStartPre=/bin/rm -f /home/%I/.sessions/rtorrent.lock (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 950 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Nov 14 09:05:30 domainname systemd[1]: Starting rTorrent…
Nov 14 09:05:31 domainname systemd[1]: Started rTorrent.
Nov 14 09:05:33 domainname systemd[1]: [email protected]: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
Nov 14 09:05:33 domainname systemd[1]: [email protected]: Unit entered failed state.
Nov 14 09:05:33 domainname systemd[1]: [email protected]: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
lines 1-13/13 (END)…skipping…
[email protected] - rTorrent
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/[email protected]; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2017-11-14 09:05:33 CET; 11h ago
Process: 1024 ExecStop=/usr/bin/killall -w -s 2 /usr/bin/rtorrent (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Process: 934 ExecStart=/usr/bin/screen -d -m -fa -S rtorrent /usr/bin/rtorrent (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 919 ExecStartPre=/bin/rm -f /home/%I/.sessions/rtorrent.lock (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 950 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Nov 14 09:05:30 domainname systemd[1]: Starting rTorrent…
Nov 14 09:05:31 domainname systemd[1]: Started rTorrent.
Nov 14 09:05:33 domainname systemd[1]: [email protected]: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
Nov 14 09:05:33 domainname systemd[1]: [email protected]: Unit entered failed state.
Nov 14 09:05:33 domainname systemd[1]: [email protected]: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.

For the other services i think i think its apache configuration problems.

I tried rebuild my vps but im getting the same errors every time i want to setup quickbox.
My VPS provider is Contabo, and im running Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.12.14-041214-generic x86_64). At instalation all gets installed ok, with green “DONE”. I had Quickbox running on the same VPS but i needed to reinstall OS, from this point the setup is not functional.