Disk Space Used not updating and wrong (Hetzner)


#1

Brand new install, and according to “showspace” my user has used 2.9TB (I’ve used about 1TB) and on the WebUI and on rtorrent’s UI it’s showing that I’m using 0.000000568494GB.

I set my quota at 5600GB for a 6TB Hetzner box.


Hetzner Disk space Nan%
#2

Are you using a /home mounted partition or /(root)?


#3

I’m using /root mounted.


#4

Type fix-disk_widget_root and see if that squares you up.


#5

No, unfortunately, this doesn’t appear to have done anything.


#6

Are you using Quotas? Or is this just you running solo on a server?


#7

I have two users setup. I set mine to 5400GB, and a friends at 200GB.


#8

…and you have done the setdisk command as root? Can you show me the results of lsblk?


#9

yes, setdisk only works when I’m logged in as root.

Here is the output you requested

NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sda 8:0 0 2.7T 0 disk
├─sda1 8:1 0 8G 0 part
│ └─md0 9:0 0 16G 0 raid0 [SWAP]
├─sda2 8:2 0 512M 0 part
│ └─md1 9:1 0 511.4M 0 raid1 /boot
├─sda3 8:3 0 512G 0 part
│ └─md2 9:2 0 1023.8G 0 raid0 /
├─sda4 8:4 0 2.2T 0 part
│ └─md3 9:3 0 4.5T 0 raid0 /home
└─sda5 8:5 0 1M 0 part
sdb 8:16 0 2.7T 0 disk
├─sdb1 8:17 0 8G 0 part
│ └─md0 9:0 0 16G 0 raid0 [SWAP]
├─sdb2 8:18 0 512M 0 part
│ └─md1 9:1 0 511.4M 0 raid1 /boot
├─sdb3 8:19 0 512G 0 part
│ └─md2 9:2 0 1023.8G 0 raid0 /
├─sdb4 8:20 0 2.2T 0 part
│ └─md3 9:3 0 4.5T 0 raid0 /home
└─sdb5 8:21 0 1M 0 part


#10

Try this then:
fix-disk_widget_home


#11

Hmm, that commanded caused this


#12

have you done a Ctrl + f5 to clear your browser cache?


#13

I always open it in an incognito window to prevent any cache issues.


#14

Could you post your /etc/fstab for me. There should be no issues… as if there were then the setdisk command would had informed as such. It’s possible that the quotas aren’t on the right mount point.


#15

here you go.

proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/md/0 none swap sw 0 0
/dev/md/1 /boot ext3 defaults 0 0
/dev/md/2 / ext4 usrjquota=aquota.user,jqfmt=vfsv1,defaults 0 0
/dev/md/3 /home ext4 defaults 0 0


#16

Yup, change it to this instead:

proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/md/0 none swap sw 0 0
/dev/md/1 /boot ext3 defaults 0 0
/dev/md/2 / ext4 defaults 0 0
/dev/md/3 /home ext4 usrjquota=aquota.user,jqfmt=vfsv1,defaults 0 0

#17

do i need to reboot or run any command after doing that?


#18

You shouldn’t have to, however, it shouldn’t hurt if you do. In most cases you can just type service quota restart… I think… I haven’t used quotas in ages. I should get back on testing those options :no_mouth:


#19

Rebooted and still didn’t change anything. I ran the fix-disk_widget_home and fix-disk_widget_root commands and it didn’t change anything either.


#20

If you don’t mind, feel free to shoot me server details and I will login and take a look. You’ll only need to run the `fix-disk_widget_home as you are using a /home mount and not a /(root).

More than likely you need to reset your quotas, check out this guide to get that squared away. If this doesn’t work I have no idea why yours isn’t cooperating and the only way to really know would be to look first-hand.