Disk Quota Widget doesn't work

The Disk Quota Widget doesn’t work on a fresh OVH install of Quick box

1 Like

Alright, I noticed that I did leave some important details out after you brought this up.

I have edited the wiki on this issue and this should resolve your issue.

1 Like

I updated with those settings and still doesn’t work on 16.4 with /home

You typed in setdisk to change the users quota after modifying the files as well as the quota mount partition?

If you’d be so kind, could you drag and drop here a screen of the widget? Also, are there any errors when you type setdisk?

As soon as I hit enter on the amount it immediately closes my ssh connection

Interesting. What are the results of cat /etc/fstab?

Also, if you’re comfortable with it. You can submit your server details to me (via PM (sudo or better)) and I will login and patch up whatever I find may be wrong here.

proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/md/0 none swap sw 0 0
/dev/md/1 /boot ext3 defaults 0 0
/dev/md/2 / ext4 defaults 0 0
/dev/md/3 /home ext4 usrquota,errors=remount-ro 0 0

Sent you details

1 Like

It looks like your quota service wasn’t set properly. I reset your mount and ran the setdisk command as root. Temporarily set the users disk quota to 5GB. Checked the dashboard and all looks well. Let me know if you have any other questions.

PS: I have logged out of your server and dashboard UI and tossed credentials. YOu may additionally delete them from the PM for added assurance. :slight_smile:

Update

Looks like there is a particular bug in the arithmetic of the setdisk command. Any disk settings should be done in full arguments, i.e; 500GB, 4TB, 12TB etc. It will throw an error when a decimal is placed in the setting of the quota. Thus, 1.5TB, 6.8TB and on and on will issue an error. If 8.4TB is needed, then this value must be converted to GB, i.e; 8601GB.

A good online tool for conversion can be found here.

I will either work on including a script that can convert these values in a human readable way, or possibly include a means to actually convert these decimal values automagically when inserted.

Thanks @demonotaku for your time, your report and permitting me access to your server to reveal this.

1 Like