Amazon Cloud Drive

It’s cool. I’m still undecided on the mount for plex. While I find acd_cli more unreliable than rclone’s mount, I can write directly to acd_cli’s mount which has its advantages for apps like couchpotato, sonarr, sickrage. For example when I add a tv show to sickrage, it wants to create the directory for it under my media/TV Shows directory. It can’t do that with an rclone mount right now as its read only. I might do something like keep it all unencrypted(but backed up with gdrive) and have 2 mounts, one that plex uses using rclone and another that the other apps use using acd_cli. I’ll figure something out. If they cancel my account, I just get another one under a ton of other email addresses I have or a family member. Hey look…my wife wants an account :wink:

Encrypted acd_cli and encrypted rclone(using the built in encryption) arent compatible. I supposed you could do the whole encfs ontop of both of them to make them compatible but yuck. I want to do away with the multiple layers.

i’ve just been uploading all my stuff to the crypt rclone lol it works with windows so syncing folders XD and the writing is the only thing that makes me kinda sad but oh well. i end up adding manually anyway so not much different XD

For you windows lovers: https://github.com/andrewiankidd/rcloneExplorer

1 Like

I’ve used that rclone explorer, not a fan. It was easier for me to make an Ubuntu VM and mount rclone so Windows could see it as a local drive.

By the way, I have rclone setup with my server’s local media directory via UnionFS.

My Plex server is pointed to media/TV which displays the contents of both my local TV directory and my Amazon TV directory.

All I have to do is mount acd, eacd, then unionfs the directory they are mounted to with my local media directory.

Then rclone move the media over to the encrypted directory and Plex doesn’t know the difference once it’s done.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PleX/comments/5a2j9f/amazon_cloud_be_warned/

Someone else had their account locked. I’m going to finish up a sync with gdrive(like 50GB left to sync) and then purge off my acd and sync it back from the gdrive encypted. It might take a bit to move 15TBs but I redirected my plex to the gdrive so my plex should be fine.

What’s really annoying is the fact that in both cases there is no clear indication as to why this is happening. I do find it strange that this particular person who was from the UK had their UK account locked while their US account remained untouched.

Edit: OP stated that nothing was encrypted either. Although he also claims everything was ripped and named himself.

lol redoing all acd to encrypted huh?
lmao i did that soon as i figured out how lol so we will see if i get locked out i will give them run for the money XD not like they can sue they can not see what i have put up in the cloud :smile:

i think i will add some photos just cuz and then they can see more than just encrypted files hahaha

It’s going to take 7 days to sync it. I’ve purged it already and its syncing back encrypted now.

The acd web interface still says the old size but we’ll see if that goes down later.

I wonder if amazon would say using rclone is against their policy more precise the encryption we are using cuz they can not see what we upload so they can not tell what it is… idk wonder if this is something they will pull later on and add it into the agreement.

I hope not as I’m fundamentally relying on ACD as a key peice of my backup strategy.

Well, its a good thing I bought my cheap $15 gdrive as a backup to acd.

I have a similar account. Considering other options for yet another backup. Maybe I’m paranoid. But I’m trying to eliminate the need for a local server at home. Right now, I have a dedicated server with 32TB of usable space. It backs up to ACD and GD using rclone nightly. So I have 3 remote copies of all my media… it also syncs back to my home server. The home server is what I’m trying to get rid of. Probably just being a little too cautious. I could probably get rid of it and the chance of losing all my media would require that I have 2 drives fail on my remote server and both ACD and GD shut down my account. Seems unlikely, especially since I’m using rclone encryption.

I somehow messed up my setup. Was using rclone with google with crypt. Mount was working fine using --allow-other and plex could see and play the media.

Tried playing with unionfuse and now nothing works.
Removed unionfuse, and now when I mount the rclone mount,I can browse the directories fine, but cannot play anything.
Media shows up as inaccessible in Plex as well as when I try to copy a file from mount to local directory get an error
cp: cannot open ‘/home/user/Google/file.mkv’ for reading: Input/output error

Would really appreciate if someone could guide what I am doing wrong. Thanks

Edit: I somehow feel I messed up rclone while trying to update to latest beta. Is there any way I can completely remove rclone and then try starting over. Thanks.

Just delete the rclone file from /usr/sbin. Basically reverse the installation.

I may look into Hubic for yet another cloud backup. It’s cheaper than ACD, but only 10TB limit. I suppose I could always grab two accounts and that would cover my media for now. All the talk of ACD shutdowns has me concerned.

Or I may end up setting up my own legit Google Drive account with my domain in addition to the ebay one.

Thanks for the reply. Tried doing that and reinstalled. Still same issue.
Also, can copy using rclone fine. Having issues with mount only.

what does rclone -V produce?

Not sure which version I had before when it was working before, but now rclone -V shows:
rclone v1.33-85-g6846a1cβ

hubic is slow just a heads up.

Ok, an update from my side. Tried firing up a new virtualmachine and setup rclone latest beta on it, still having same cannot read input/output errors.
Also, if i go to google drive, get this message when trying to download an encrypted file
"download quota exceeded for this file"
So, not sure if google is limiting my access.