XSPF+VLC Media Player

So I just recently discovered that through the rutorrent file manager one is able to download .xspf files which then would seemingly be able to be played back via VLC. I attempted this venture, and it would seem that the apache login function protecting the quickbox ecosphere on my machine is preventing file access. Here I’ve posted logs from VLC. I hope someone might provide a solution to this.

transport debug: resolving blahblah …
transport debug: connecting to blahblah port 443 …
qt debug: IM: Deleting the input
qt debug: IM: Setting an input
qt debug: IM: Setting an input
gnutls debug: TLS handshake: Resource temporarily unavailable, try again.
gnutls debug: TLS handshake: Resource temporarily unavailable, try again.
gnutls debug: TLS handshake: Success.
gnutls error: Certificate verification failure: The certificate is NOT trusted. The certificate issuer is unknown. The name in the certificate does not match the expected.
gnutls debug: 1 certificate(s) in the list
gnutls debug: certificate key match for blahblah
h1conn debug: outgoing request: GET /plugins/stream/stream.php?f=%2Fhome%2Fblahblah%2Ftorrents%2Frtorrent%2FWestworld.S01E05.Contrapasso.720p.HBO.WEBRip.DD5.1.H.264-monkee.mkv HTTP/1.1 Host: blahblah Accept: / Accept-Language: en_US User-Agent: VLC/3.0.0-git LibVLC/3.0.0-git Range: bytes=0-
h1conn debug: incoming response: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 19:55:59 GMT Server: Apache/2.4.10 (Debian) WWW-Authenticate: Digest realm=“rutorrent”, nonce="/Off/h9BBQA=56977f9d2bb46bdeed081c0d983340a82ecc74cb", algorithm=MD5, qop=“auth” Content-Length: 466 Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
access error: HTTP 401 error
core debug: no access modules matched
core error: cannot access https://blahblah/plugins/stream/stream.php?f=%2Fhome%2Fblahblah%2Ftorrents%2Frtorrent%2FWestworld.S01E05.Contrapasso.720p.HBO.WEBRip.DD5.1.H.264-monkee.mkv
core debug: dead input
core debug: changing item without a request (current 5/6)
core debug: nothing to play

Yea the stream plugin doesnt seem to work from the quickbox installation, but there’s an easy way around it for streaming with VLC player. This is how:

Go to your Quickbox dashboard, and to the left under ruTorrent, deluge or if you have more apps installed, there is a button says Downloads, and choose rutorrent if the video you want to stream has been downloaded with it.
Then you come to a index page of your download folder, go to the file you want to stream and right click -> copy link adress. Then in VLC, go to Media in the upper menu and choose Open networkstream, paste the url adress and Play. You will have to write the login details before the video will be played (same as you have to the dashboard).

Hope it helped :slight_smile:

3 Likes