What else do you run on your server alongside QuickBox?

Just what the title says, I would like to know what else do you run on your server? I currently have a dedi running QuickBox and a few of the add-ons, and that’s it. I feel like I’m not using my server to the fullest and would like to run some self-hosted apps on it. I’m only using a fraction of my disk space for torrents and QuickBox isn’t RAM-intensive. What could you suggest for me to try out that would play well with QB?

I run these forums on my seedbox…

Just kidding.

Setting up a kiwi server on the slot is something I have done in the past. I had considered including something like that with the installs… maybe an idea. Most stuff should work alongside QuickBox… assuming it plays well with apache and php 7. I’d like to hear what others are running alongside QuickBox as well!

1 Like

Hello :slight_smile:

My QB server is now in production and works great :wink:

I installed this pre-configured QB apps :

• ruTorrent
  • PlexPy
  • Sonarr
  • Plex (I uninstalled the QB version and reinstalled from Plex pkg)
  • PlexRequests
  • pyLoad
  • Jackett
  • CouchPotato

And installed these apps which was not present in QB install :

And I would like to install these apps in near future :

@Chester07, you can find some apps here : https://github.com/Kickball/awesome-selfhosted

Currently, I’m running Quickbox with the following installed:

• Plex
  • ZNC
  • NextCloud
  • CSF

I know, it’s not much. But other than that, I also have a couple that I have such as

• Pritunl (VPN server with GUI. Yes I’m a fan of things with GUIs, hence QuickBox | unlike OpenVPN-AS, You can have unlimited users)
  • Turtl (Evernote alternative | Although from the cover, it sounds amazing… It still has a long way to be considered what it claims to be the Evernote alternative. For me it is still primitive but I still keep it on my server since it sometimes come in handy when I need to store information that would be best if encrypted)
  • miniProxy (A web proxy, that is mini | This is awesome to have in my server especially when there’s a need to access websites blocked by the university. It’s just a single php file and very useful to have in times of need)

@PastaGringo Nice setup you have. Some definitely caught my eye such as that Glances (which looks cool btw), ZeroBin, and Wallabag. I’ll give those a shot when I have the time

1 Like