Want to be able to use a homepage

Hey all

Im running Quickbox on a dedicated server and have installed the newest Quickbox and everything seems good.

BUT, when i type in the IP adress, it logs direktly on to Quickbox desktop - Så how do i change/config it so i can put HTML/PHP files (and other stuff for my homepage) in to the /var/www/ directory and use them as my homepage, or is there another place made for it ?

Because Apache and PHP7 is installed through the package.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Check the thread listed below for details on how to do this (you need to create a new vhost config, you’ll fin d the whole thread useful):

Thanks for your answer.

I am reading what youre writing, but i do not understand it, as i dont know anything about it, so is it possible that you can help me out, og will someone that works with it know what to do and help me with it ?

Michael

Where do i have to paste this into ? I am not so good at this, sorry.

This dosnt work, if i use this my server refuses connections

I’ll have time later in the day. I can help you out with this. How it will work is you’ll need to place QuickBox on a subdomain and your front facing website on the main domain, or however you prefer it to work. It is simple vhost configs that make it possible.

It would be so nice, thanks.

I would like to be able to run my website/homepage from my server, so when people reach my servers IP they get my homepage, and then i may have Quickbox running in/from another directory or maybe through a port like Plex uses 31400 or something, i dont know what is the best way to do it as im not into Linux, i just know a little bit about it :slight_smile:

When i tryed your code and placed the file into Apache’s site enabled directory and restarted Apache i got this message :

apache2: Syntax error on line 219 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 29 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/domain.dk.conf: Could not open configuration file /etc/letsencrypt/options-ssl-apache.conf: No such file or directory
Action ‘restart’ failed.

I can see other people is needing this as well, so i think people would love it if you implement the possibility to run own website with html/php into your package :slight_smile:

Else i must say that Quickbox is pretty awesome, really good work.

Hi JMSolo

Did you find out anything yet ? :slight_smile:

When i try to implement the .conf file it refuses to connect to the desktop and rutorrent, so i am not sure what i am doing wrong.

Is it possible, that you could make a step by step guide to me, showing what i should do to make it work ? Then you also have it to others who want to enable the www aswell, and maybe you could implement it into the install script so people can choose to enable www or not :slight_smile:

Michael :slight_smile:

you need to replace domain.dk with your own domain given you have one?

Hi

I dont have one, or i have just bought one and gotta have it direkted to my server, else i just have the servers IP adress

The above mentioned method only works with domain names. Thats why you cant get it to work. I dont know how much work its gonna take doing it without a domain name

Okay thanks