Use my domain with QuickBox VHOST

Hi, i tried to use my domain in Apache Vhost but it’s not working. Any suggestion to apply it ?

Hey @martinbouillaud,

In most cases all you should really have to do is add the IP to an A Record entry at a DNS provider, such as a free CloudFlare account. You wouldn’t really have to mess around with apache vhost. Unless you are trying to add multiple sites to the initial QuickBox install.

Yes, i use cloudflase and now it’s Ok, i join the manager but when i clic on rutorrent, it doesn’t work…

Hmm, it should work as the links on the dashboard are all relative and not absolute.

If you navigate to https://your_domain.com/rutorrent; is it connecting?

You can see at the picture… doesn’t works

Could you translate that for me?

I am thinking it says you have navigated to a page using an unsecure connection. Can you click on << seedbox.bouillaudmartin.fr >>. to continue or add an exception for the self-signed certificate?

OK, I went to the page and I got the following:

This site can’t provide a secure connection

seedbox.bouillaudmartin.fr sent an invalid response.
Try:
Reloading the page
Learn more about this problem.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Make sure you have HSTS turned off on CloudFlare if you have enabled it for this domain… either that or CloudFlare is taking time to pass their shared certificate to all the edge nodes. Either way, this is a CloudFlare issue.

It is also possible that CloudFlare is reading a certificate for the self-signed that was used per IP and not domain. Typically, if you have CloudFlare SSL set to Full or Flexible, it will use any certificate and mark it as valid… using Full (Strict) however, does require a valid certificate from a trusted authority.

You can attempt to bypass this by installing Let’s Encrypt and generating a certificate. Here’s what you can do to accomplish this…

Setup and install Let’s Encrypt

apt-get -y install git
git clone https://github.com/letsencrypt/letsencrypt /opt/letsencrypt
cd /opt/letsencrypt
./letsencrypt-auto --apache -d seedbox.bouillaudmartin.fr

Then setup auto-renewal of the ca-certificate

./letsencrypt-auto renew

Now add a crontab

sudo crontab -e
Enter the following:
30 2 * * 1 /opt/letsencrypt/letsencrypt-auto renew >> /var/log/le-renew.log

Save and exit.

This will create a new cron job that will execute the letsencrypt-auto renew command every Monday at 2:30 am. The output produced by the command will be piped to a log file located at /var/log/le-renewal.log.

1 Like

IMO adding let’sencrypt would be amazing feature!

Edit :
@JMSolo please check this… I’m not the best with sed

You will also need to change your DocumentRoot after you install let’sencrypt … The good news is you can do it with one string :

sed -i “s|DocumentRoot /var/www/html|DocumentRoot /srv/rutorrent/home/|g” /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default-le-ssl.conf && service apache2 restart

Edit : Messed up with the sed string, works on my box now.

1 Like

Kudos on that extra bit @denellum. I completely spaced adding those details.

I will set these steps up in a wiki here soon.