Uploading to google drive directly?

is there any application that uploads torrents directly to google drive?

Iā€™m not sure if this is what youā€™re looking for, but I found a writeup/tutorial on HowToForge that explains about using Google Drive through the Linux Commandline. Check it out: https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/how-to-access-google-drive-from-linux-gdrive/

I personally donā€™t need to do this, but itā€™s interested to find. Iā€™m going to check this out later this weekend when I have more time to ā€œplayā€.

thanks for the reply! I want my machine to automatically upload everything it downloads. I think I need to set a cron, but donā€™t know how to do it.

If there is an app that already does that for me, that is the app that I am looking for :slight_smile: I will keep trying to find. Maybe gdrive can help me as a start.

Iā€™m guessing a cron needs done. I was looking into trying to use RSYNC and make a script I could at least launch and have it do everything automaticallyā€¦ but yeah no so easy that Iā€™ve found so far.

Iā€™m in the same boat as you, for wanting to copy files from my Seeding folder to another location (my main file server). For whatever reason Delugeā€™s CopyComplete plugin, which does that automatically, is not working currently for me either.

@POWerSUrgeSW3 : Use lftp on your main server to pull the files.

I have a cron job that calls my main script every 10 min which calls another script,(my actual lftp script, setup like this:
flock -xn /path/to/my/lockfile.lck -c "/path/to/my/pull_script.sh"

so flock prevents the pull script from executing if its already running (a download that goes over the 10 min mark).

@alpturkay Use rclone. I use Filebot to clean things up, get posters, etc. I have filebot setup to process every torrent that comes in and makes a hard link to another directory (/home/user/torrents/rtorrent/complete) and then I have another script which does like above, uses flock to executes a script which contains:
rclone move /home/user/torrents/rtorrent/complete gdrive:/media
which will ā€˜moveā€™ all the files from /home/user/torrents/rtorrent/complete to my gdrive /media directory.

2 Likes

rclone is the best shot mate. If you encounter any problems feel free to message me!

2 Likes

so after downloading rclone and using this command

rclone move /home/user/torrents/rtorrent/complete gdrive:/media

will it be automatic? What I wanna ask is, do I need a cron for this command to be always applied.

I really donā€™t know linux so please judge my question fairly :slight_smile:

itā€™s a one shot command. Youā€™ll need to schedule it in cronā€¦either directly or the command in a shell script to run at your desired interval. If its in a shell script then you can use flock to prevent it from trying to execute it if itā€™s already running. I used to use lock file management in my shell scripts but flock is so much easier and cleaner.

1 Like

okay iā€™ll try to learn and do it. Thank you so much for the help! By the way, what will happen to the files that have already been transferred? are they going to be duplicated? if so, how can I prevent that?