Too many error and weird interface after update

After update quickbox to latest version. They are some error in my master account.

I got this error, but I can access my torrent normally.

[16.02.2017 17:40:23] WebUI started.
[16.02.2017 17:40:27] rTorrent user can’t access ‘id’ program. Some functionality will be unavailable.
[16.02.2017 17:40:28] rss: Plugin will not work. rTorrent user can’t access external program (php).
[16.02.2017 17:40:28] unpack: Plugin will not work. rTorrent user can’t access external program (php).
[16.02.2017 17:40:28] xmpp: Plugin will not work. rTorrent user can’t access external program (php).
[16.02.2017 17:40:28] scheduler: Plugin will not work. rTorrent user can’t access external program (php).
[16.02.2017 17:40:28] datadir: Plugin will not work. rTorrent user can’t access external program (php).
[16.02.2017 17:40:28] autotools: Plugin will not work. rTorrent user can’t access external program (php).
[16.02.2017 17:40:28] filemanager: Plugin will not work. rTorrent user can’t access external program (php).
[16.02.2017 17:40:28] retrackers: Plugin will not work. rTorrent user can’t access external program (php).
[16.02.2017 17:40:28] create: Plugin will not work. rTorrent user can’t access external program (php).
[16.02.2017 17:40:28] fileupload: Plugin will not work. rTorrent user can’t access external program (php).
[16.02.2017 17:40:28] ratio: Some functionality will be unavailable. rTorrent user can’t access external program (php).
[16.02.2017 17:40:28] rutracker_check: Plugin will not work. rTorrent user can’t access external program (php).
[16.02.2017 17:40:28] trafic: Plugin will not work. rTorrent user can’t access external program (php).
[16.02.2017 17:40:28] loginmgr: Some functionality will be unavailable. rTorrent user can’t access external program (php).
[16.02.2017 17:40:28] fileshare: Plugin will not work. rTorrent user can’t access external program (php).
[16.02.2017 17:40:28] history: Plugin will not work. rTorrent user can’t access external program (php).
[16.02.2017 17:40:28] rss: Some functionality will be unavailable. rTorrent user can’t access external program (curl).
[16.02.2017 17:40:28] screenshots: Plugin will not work. rTorrent user can’t access external program (ffmpeg).
[16.02.2017 17:40:28] filemanager: Plugin will not work. rTorrent user can’t access external program (pgrep).
[16.02.2017 17:40:28] _task: Some functionality will be unavailable. rTorrent user can’t access external program (pgrep).
[16.02.2017 17:40:28] fileupload: Plugin will not work. rTorrent user can’t access external program (plowup).
[16.02.2017 17:40:28] mediainfo: Plugin will not work. rTorrent user can’t access external program (mediainfo).
[16.02.2017 17:40:33] FILE MANAGER ignited

Also some weird interface come out. I dont enable it, but its display.

Wow. 2 cores and 4gbs of RAM? That’s a really small server.

I’ve no idea what this means. What interface? Do you have a screenshot. Also, according to those errors… it’s very possible you have faulted on your directories, ie; you moved something around or applied an update wrong as well as having bad permissions. The update is a simple process that can be done directly from your dashboard… how exactly are you trying to update things?

###Post Script
As @RXWatcher states, that server (just measuring this objectively and according to what I see you have installed) is not going to be able to handle the tasks I would assume you’d want to throw at it. I know your post isn’t in regards to this, however, this is just a courtesy to save you a headache later.

1 Like

Are you referring to the fact that the services are not enabled, but are still showing in the list? if so, scroll down you should be able to uninstall them from the package manager below

Yeah. Haha from online.net but im running rutorrent only. Other than that coming itself.

I have solve it by restarting the torrent back in console. The error happen after all other services in left panel suddenly install by itself. Now i have fix it by uninstall it.

I’ll ask again…

1. Have you moved any of your directories around manually?
  2. Have you adjusted permissions manually?
  3. Have you installed any of those programs, as the .lock files for them only imprint if you have installed them
  4. How have you attempted to update QuickBox?
  5. Are you on the new GitHub repositories?

Now I know you’re kidding. Applications will not install themselves… I hate to break this… but that is 100% impossible unless you have someone else on your server getting app happy and installing everything.

1 Like

Thanks for your response. I have use this method and it work. I just weird. It suddenly install the other service except rutorent by itself. By default i only enable rutorrent. Dont know why other services install itself and make my rutorrent show the error

1. No
  2. No
  3. No
  4. No
  5. Yes

Last time I see my language change from english to germany. And all web ui interface have change. (i dont change this) Got the new link beside the username. The quickbox+ and #quickbox . I’m sure only me can access the master account. That weird. That why i curious. Is it auto update ? Hmm.

No, there is no auto update function. I’m sorry, things just don’t install themselves. I would suggest reviewing your server access/error logs. Something is amiss here and your quandary is 100% unique and partly unbelievable. I’m not ruling anything out… but this behavior is literally… impossible without someones hand installing those applications.

I will not mark this off just yet and will look into it a bit deeper.

Were you the one that deleted your master account previously?

1 Like

That why i’m very curious what happen. Suddenly my language changed and other service are install and before this i just install rutorrent only… I will review back the server access/error log later. I’m thinking logically like what you think. Later i will change my master account with new password and lets see this problem happen again or not. I believe no one know my secret password. But ahhhh weird… :scream:

Yes. It me deleted the master account. I have reinstall back the os. I try the method you teach but it will revert back even i have mount the partition and add new user. So sad… :cry:

Thanks Jmsolo give support to beginner like me in managing ubuntu. :heart_eyes: