System Overload

Hello,
I’m testing my QuickBox (Wich look’s awesome by the way !)
It’s an fresh install on Ubuntu 16.04 x64 (on an Online Dedibox XC server)

I only install Rtorrent and Plex to start my first tests,
I’ve desactivated Irssi in the dashboard and in the rutorrent plug in section,
I’ve set my quota via setdisk comand,
But when i add torrents in rutorrent, i’ve got a huge overload, wich happen in any kind of torrents.
On Rutorrent interface i’ve got a message “rTorrent request failed”, and all system is really slow down.

I couldn’t find a post about this problem :confused:
Any idea or settings to check ?

[details=This one happend after adding 2 torrent]
[/details]

I’m used to speak french if someone want to help me on MP.
Thanks for your help.

This is quite normal behavior. For a better explanation on the system RAM Status Widget, check out this forum post:

TLDR;

In most instances you can safely ignore your Physical and Cached RAM as it will always display high use values. This is a good thing however as it is implying that data is being cached properly and RAM is being utilized to it’s best potentials. What you can keep an eye on for Real World values is the Real Memory Usage… which should always be sitting in a lower spectrum.

As per your CPU status, I can almost safely assume you are using one of their nano servers. Those CPU will reveal high load averages due to their very nature (ie; not that powerful – at least for multi-functional tasks)

It is showing you an average of the cores being utilized. This graph can hit 400% use under stress testing… particularly those nano servers. It’s all well and good and this is expected.

Thanks for your quick reply !
Okay i understand about graphs, but it’s rather the slown-down on the interface wich bothers me,
It’s very laggy, and the rutorrent interface is unreachable or un/mis-responsive as the rest of the services,

I’ve got an other server with the same config wich is running 5 users
with rutorrent plex sickrage syncthing and it works well, without lag.

Is this loss of power caming from the dashboard ? :confounded:

Simple answer is absolutely not. The dashboard is nothing more than a php switch for the applications you install (optionally) on your server. it does nothing more and nothing less and the load from the QuickBox dashboard doesn’t register within your servers capacity.

The problem is more than likely due to the very nature of either the disk (how old are they) and/or the fact that the nanos are not really geared towards torrenting.

Allright, so an tuning operation or guru install couldn’t fix that i imagine.
Thank you for your time, i will go back to my old system ^^’

I have had a couple of XC 2016s running quickbox without issue. They arent the fastest things in the world but they arent awful. I would look at this disk. run some disk tests on them. There is a known issue with the XC 2016 disks. If you can prove there is an issue online.net will fix it.

Try: sudo hdparm -Tt /dev/sda and compare that against your other server.

It returns quasi the same on the two servers, is the difference significant ?

quickbox:/home/USER# hdparm -Tt /dev/sda

/dev/sda:
 Timing cached reads:   2816 MB in  2.00 seconds = 1407.87 MB/sec
 Timing buffered disk reads: 132 MB in  3.04 seconds =  43.48 MB/sec
quickbox:/home/USER#

dedixc:/home/USER#  hdparm -Tt /dev/sda
/dev/sda:
 Timing cached reads:   3186 MB in  2.00 seconds = 1593.46 MB/sec
 Timing buffered disk reads: 166 MB in  3.13 seconds =  53.02 MB/sec
dedixc:/home/USER#

Any other tests to try ?

Hello i come back,
I’ve finished my seedbox installation, with VPN, Filebot, Plexmediaserver, Sync, users, …
Everything is working fine except Rutorrent

When i add one torrent i’ve got
Error “rTorrent request failed” “La requête vers rTorrent a échoué.”
And heavy overload

Screen

Any way tu update rtorrent/rutorrent to fix this ?

Thanks