Syncthing wierd issue

I have a issue with syncthing that i cant seem to figure out. It has a ‘é’ on the side of the webpage and i cant seem to remove it. I have reinstalled syncthing but it doesnt seem to go away

doing a inspect on the page :

<ng-include src="'syncthing/transfer/remoteNeededFilesModalView.html'" class="ng-scope"><span class="ng-scope">é</span><div class="modal fade ng-isolate-scope" tabindex="-1"

We are not the maintainers of Syncthing and nothing in the installation of the Syncthing package should cause this anomaly. I will gladly review this once I have time, just in case. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

@JMSolo
Yeah i know you dont maintain it but even after i reinstalled from your package site, the problem remained. i even deleted my syncthing config in my home folder. i have installed syncthing before but i have never saw this. how is stuff installed when we use the packge area? are they pulled from the source or you guys have then already in a repo?

Pulled from apt source with no modifications to Syncthing itself. See here:

if i would need to remove it completly, beside clicking on uninstall and deleting the folder in my home, is there any other place i can look?

I’ve never seen it either and the uninstaller pretty much handles the removal, seen here:

#!/bin/bash
MASTER=$(cat /srv/rutorrent/home/db/master.txt)
systemctl stop syncthing@${MASTER}
apt-get -q -y purge syncthing
rm /etc/systemd/system/[email protected]
rm -f  /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/syncthing.conf
service apache2 reload
rm /install/.syncthing.lock

QuickBox intentionally does not remove it from the users /home directory en lieu of wanting to possibly reinstall with configs attached. Therefore, the apt purge bit takes care of that.

With that said, this is purely aesthetic. I do not know why there is a miscellaneous character floating in the corner, however, it doesn’t seem to have any effect in the slightest on the functionality of Syncthing.

syncthing_aesthetic_issue

ah ok…no it doesnt…typo?..lol

It’s possible. I can confirm the segment you included —

<ng-include src="'syncthing/transfer/remoteNeededFilesModalView.html'" class="ng-scope"><span class="ng-scope">é</span><div class="modal fade ng-isolate-scope" tabindex="-1"

is the same on my end. Maybe after a device is added for syncing that turns into a modal popup? I’m not sure, it’s weird and could possibly be some javascript anomaly until the module is activated… but I guessing as I didn’t make it so far as to add a synced directory.