Setting up Plex tunnel

I’m using ubuntu 16.04 desktop on my home computer trying to create a ssh tunnel to plex to claim and configure it.
Well in terminal I run this command:

ssh server-adress -L 8888:localhost:32400 and get a return message port 22 is not available or similar.

so I tried a few variants such as these…

ssh server-adress -p 4747 -L 8888:localhost:32400
ssh -p 4747 server-adress -L 8888:localhost:32400

But all this does is it logs me in to the server, it doesn’t create the tunnel as desired.
I use rsa key and not password and already logged in by ssh once today might be persistent in the system memory so to speak?

Any advice on how to create a tunnel so I can configure plex by chance? :slight_smile:

Hey there @zorkel,

Since you have a spot on the QuickBox DNS, try using your domain name rather than the IP. Also ensure that you have the private _rsa key stored on your local computer at ~/.ssh/your-servers-private_rsa

Then use the following to create the tunnel in conjunction with the port 4747 required.

ssh -p'4747' username@serverhostname -L 8888:localhost:32400

###Another method
You can also install the X2Go application on your server from the Package Management Center on your Dashboard. This will create a Remote Desktop session wherein you can then just setup plex directly in a browser on your server. Actually, this is probably the easiest and most overlooked method. :slight_smile:

I copied the command above into my terminal and changed username@serverhostname [email protected]

when I pressed enter I get logged into the server and this is what is returned in terminal

zorkel:~$ channel 3: open failed: connect failed: Connection refused
channel 3: open failed: connect failed: Connection refused

So not entirely sure what went wrong and in the original version I did use xxx.quickbox.io rather then the ipadress as I assume is more or less the same thing sort of.

I also have the rsa key both pub/private located in /home/.ssh/ haven’t moved them since I created them and it did ask for the password first time I did ssh into the server. and considering I can ssh into the server it seems to work, merely refuses to create the tunnel properly.

That can happen for some reason or other… I am not entirely sure though why it would refuse the connection. However, try out the alternate method I posted, that gives successful results 100% of the time without complicated tasks to perform.

Then I have another small question, how would I connect to x2go interface.

It says it’s installed but I don’t see it as an active service next to webconsole, plex, jackett and so on.

I responded to your PM :confused:

solved via PM