Setting up other domain/site on same box as quickbox

Hello! I have quickbox successfully installed on a server. I wanted to setup a few other very lowtraffic domains on the same server so I can stop paying for my other VPS, but I’m having trouble getting them to work. I’ve added the virtualhost config file to /etc/apache2/sites-enabled for the other domains, and restarted apache, but whenever i go to those domains it just forwards to https, asks for my htaccess pw and then loads the quickbox dashboard.

Could anyone give me some pointers on how to setup a different virualhost that wont get lumped into quickbox and/or how to modify the quickbox config so its only accessible from a specific subdomain?

could it be related to the directory you’re storing the other sites? there’s a few conf files that passsword protect the directories with the default setup.

1 Like

You should store your websites in a directory of general availability; ie. /var/www/public, then you’d need to create your additional vhosts so they are pointing to these directories. It’s still the same standard practice you would follow as with any other LAMP stack install. I do not support hosting live websites on a seedbox server, so this is unfortunately as far as my advice goes.

ah I figured it out!

the virtualhost config file wasn’t named .conf on my other server that was fine but apparently it needed to be a .conf file in the sites-enabled. Changing that and restarting works!

1 Like