ruTorrent no longer displaying complete path of torrents

I just upgraded QuickBox from v2.4.8 to v2.5.0 and ruTorrent is no longer displaying the full path of a torrent in the ‘Save As’ field of the ‘General’ tab for a selected torrent. Regardless of what the full path is it only displays the ‘Save to’ location (i.e., the default ‘/home/username/torrents/rtorrent’). This is making it impossible for me to copy a path or filename for a torrent within ruTorrent.

Did this change for anyone else? Is this a bug with ruTorrent or is there a way to get back the desired functionality? I’ve never encountered this issue before in years of using ruTorrent.

Sounds like an issue with permissions or ownership on user’s

/home/username/torrents/rtorrent

directory, and all child directories under it. I’ve had this issue myself before. You would need to run something like these while using said user with issues:

chmod -r 755 ~/torrents/rtorrent

*This will apply read write privileges for all folders and files under /torrents

chown -r user:user ~/torrents/rtorrent

*applies ownership of all folder and files in /torrents to “user”

It could also be an issue with Rutorrent folder in your web directory under

path/to/public_html/rutorrent

Run:

ls -l 

it should read something like:

drwxr-xr-x 11 username username 4096 Apr  8 13:51 rutorrent

if it doesn’t you will need to run:

chmod -r 755 rutorrent
chown -r user:user rutorrent

I’m pretty new to linux myself still, so if anything is wrong here, someone please correct me.

Thanks for the ideas but those do not solve this issue. Everything else seems to be working just fine in ruTorrent though. Adding/removing torrents, moving/deleting files, etc. all work.

I also noticed that the ‘SAVE PATH’ column in the main torrent view shows the default or modified download folder, but hovering over that path reveals the file or folder name of the torrent itself (i.e., ‘Torrent_folder’ or ‘Filename.iso’). So this doesn’t seem related to permissions to me anyways.

Any other ideas what the issue is or how to troubleshoot it?

Hum it could also be an issue with the .rtorrent.rc file in the /home/user directory
here’s what mine looks like

– START HERE –

directory.default.set = /home/seedbox/torrents/rtorrent
encoding.add = UTF-8
encryption = allow_incoming,try_outgoing,enable_retry
execute.nothrow = chmod,777,/home/seedbox/.config/rpc.socket
execute.nothrow = chmod,777,/home/seedbox/.sessions
network.port_random.set = yes
network.port_range.set = 56880-58380
network.scgi.open_port = localhost:56880
network.tos.set = throughput
pieces.hash.on_completion.set = no
protocol.pex.set = no
schedule = watch_directory,5,5,load.start=/home/seedbox/rwatch/*.torrent
session.path.set = /home/seedbox/.sessions/
throttle.global_down.max_rate.set = 0
throttle.global_up.max_rate.set = 0
throttle.max_peers.normal.set = 100
throttle.max_peers.seed.set = -1
throttle.max_uploads.global.set = 100
throttle.min_peers.normal.set = 1
throttle.min_peers.seed.set = -1
trackers.use_udp.set = yes

– END HERE –

I would also check your config.php file in the : /srv/rutorrent/conf directory and look for this

$topDirectory = ‘/’;

this will determine most upper limit allowed to download. to, it sounds like yours may be set to something like

$topDiectory = ‘/home/user’

I am also running into this.

It was working yesterday, then now, it’s not. I haven’t made any changes in this time period. Permissions are fine, conf is fine.

@aphexion, are you still running into this?