Returned mail: see transcript for details

Hi,

I’ve got a problem with mails. I’ve not touched avbout the config, so I dont know why I have these things mails.

The original message was received at Fri, 21 Oct 2016 06:01:23 GMT

from localhost [127.0.0.1]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
cyprien@XXX
(reason: 550 5.1.8 [email protected]: Sender address rejected: Domain not found)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
… while talking to mail.XXXX.:

<<< 450 4.1.8 [email protected]: Sender address rejected: Domain not found
cyprien@XXX… Deferred: 450 4.1.8 [email protected]: Sender address rejected: Domain not found
<<< 554 5.5.1 Error: no valid recipients
… while talking to fb.mail.gandi.net.:

<<< 550 5.1.8 [email protected]: Sender address rejected: Domain not found
550 5.1.1 cyprien@XXX… User unknown
<<< 554 5.5.1 Error: no valid recipients

We do not use a mail system (unless you installed CSF) so I am not too terribly sure why this would be asked here. If you look at the message it has produced, it looks quite clear as to why the message has occurred…

i.e;

Sender address rejected: Domain not found

You could install sendmail with apt-get install sendmail and then within your /etc/aliases file add in the bottom that root@ mail be directed to [email protected]

###Example

mailer-daemon: postmaster
postmaster: root
nobody: root
hostmaster: root
usenet: root
news: root
webmaster: root
www: root
ftp: root
abuse: root
root: [email protected]

Pretty sure the default /etc/aliases file looks like:

# See man 5 aliases for format
postmaster:    root

###POST SCRIPT

If you have installed a mail server on your server within your own needs, you are on your own. My days with email administration are over as it is a frustrating battle with security and stability.

1 Like

Hi,

Sendmail is already installated, and the error is almost here … Only use for logwatch, not for mail station.

Here is /etc/aliases

"mailer-daemon: postmaster
postmaster: root
nobody: root
hostmaster: root
usenet: root
news: root
webmaster: root
www: root
ftp: root
abuse: root
root: [email protected]
clamav: root

but i think your error read out kinda tells you what’s wrong when you set something up you used [quote=“Setsuneh, post:1, topic:1343”]
[email protected]:
[/quote]

That is not part of a domain and is not part of our DNS. so it can not reach it as it is not real domain.

But as it is as my buddy @JMSolo says it’s really not part of our QuickBox script so it makes the support for things not QuickBox limited. and i don’t know enough about mail servers to help. best bet is check google for a how to and or wait and see if one of our members sees and might know whats going on.

Yes the [email protected] … I dont know where is it. Because I dont writte this :confused:

It’s more than likely one of the applications you have installed on your server. QuickBox does not create any sort of mail out. The best I can offer is that you see which of your applications that you have installed are sending out mail notifications and adjust it there.

Judging by the post you made above, you are going to have to sort this out on your own. I see clamav in the grouping and this may or may not create conflicts. Again, QuickBox does not send mail… at all.

Additionally, what is your hostname? You can check with hostname -f

1 Like

Yep with hostname -f I see “Quickbox”. Perhaps the problem?

This system, I want to put in place … Is the sending of logs with logwatch, not plus like that.

This would be your issue, I think that logwatch is spamming the host with logs and they’re bouncing internally. So basically, one way or another, your logs will bloat with useless info of the bounce. You should match your hostname to a top level domain you already have.

Do something like…

echo "quickbox" > /etc/hostname
hostname -F /etc/hostname

Then verify it with hostname

Next, set your domain name in the /etc/hosts file

127.0.0.1          localhost.localdomain   localhost
    127.0.1.1          server
    <your server ip>   quickbox.<your domain>.com       quickbox

Finally, point an A record to the created hostname of quickbox.domain.com

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.