quickVPN config zip missing

ran the command from SSH terminal "quickVPN

completed install successfully but the installer did not seem to create the zip?

it did dump the .ovpn file in the root dir but no zip just logging this as a possible bug

Check your /home/<user>/public_html directory and see if the zip is there. The zip file is created in the users home directory from the .ovpn file contained in root.

Also, if you can check the /etc/apache2/apache2.conf and down towards the bottom see if it added this:

UserDir public_html
<Directory /home/*/public_html/>
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
AuthType Digest
AuthName "rutorrent"
AuthUserFile '/etc/htpasswd'
Require valid-user
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
allow from all
</Directory>

i can indeed see the zip in home/linuxserv/public_html

so does that mean the URL that the script is telling users to find the zip in his wrong ?

the script advises to go to lanip/-linuxserv/linuxserv.zip but the file is not found at this URL

to answer the question in regards to apache2.conf i can see that exact text at the bottom of that conf in question

Can you do a manual service apache2 restart and see if it pulls the config properly?

I just tested this against a test user and it works as expected. Not sure why it would foobar, I will keep looking into this. However, I am making the assumption that this is an additional created user.

I can confirm restarting the Apache service corrects the issue, and the zip becomes available at the said address

does that mean you just have to set the install script to do a service apache2 restart ?

Yup, as per this commit it was fixed. :slight_smile:

http://lab.quickbox.io/QuickBox/quickbox_packages/commit/a498fec

you are a legend JMsolo!

Takes one to know one :heart_eyes:

Also just to add to this

the above was not an additional user it was just the 1 user that was created on install that the install command was run from

This topic was automatically closed after 12 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.