QuickBox Pro v1.6.0

Originally published at: https://quickbox.io/changelogs/quickbox-pro-v1-6-0/

This version has been released on Sunday, May 26, 2019.

If you are not receiving an update notice please run sudo su -, followed by qb fix version. This will address the update for the notification checks process.

This version is considered a Maintenance Release. Coming off of additional reports from our outstanding community, this is a part 3 of 3 hotfix release. We’ve combed through the remaining noise and come to produce a stable release of our massive core rewrite on application handling via our built-in qb command. Additionally to a huge round of fixes and enhancements, we’ve cooked up a fun new feature in the form of auto-complete for our qb command. Check it out!

qb with that tasty tabbing auto-complete!

The new qb auto-complete works by simply typing qb, followed by hitting the tab key. From here, auto-complete does exactly what it’s supposed to, typing for instance qb in will display qb install. From there it’s up to you! We’re proud to offer a more robust CLI solution for those seeking it!

Check out our changelog below as we continue to post fixes and enhancements in preparation for this release.

New:
qb now auto-completes! (type qb and start tabbing)
Wait on install of applications to avoid dep collisions
qb update install as an additional update command
Enhancements:
Additional Deluge outputs
Better build on Flood
QBittorrent build updated
pyLoad build dependency improvements
phpMyAdmin build
Ombi build source improvements
noVNC build logging
Netdata build updated
Better variables on application templates
Deprecated templates have been removed
Log wrapping for all apt removals on application builds/removals
Lecert build changes
Timeout on API call
Disabling of application services on remove for better logging
Key additions to apps utilizing signed keys for sources are silenced
Headphones output & build
Better Deluge logging on the build
reated version of filebot installer for compatibility with new build
Deluge build revamped
qb fix dpkg output (success message)
Removal of extra whitespacing on application build notices
Redirect output
Better output on application builds
Fixes:
QuickBox installer db locks
ZNC build/remove/update (if previous installed from apt - upgrade to source cleanly)
x2Go to only purge xfce if noVNC is not installed
VPN version build and dashboard links
Syncthing build dependencies
Sickchill lock to database
SABnzbd build dependencies
dpkg -i on all lock checks
RTorrent and ruTorrent uninstall
quassel build
noVNC - xfce purge checks
Nextcloud installer not completing
qb variable assignments
PHP installers for quota and let's encrypt
Couchpotato uninstall
Calibre pip errors and output
Added missing line break on autodl build
API Failsafe
Filebot build
Update notice
Edit

Looks nice and would probably look even nicer if it worked :slight_smile:

Found that if I tried typing - “qb update plex” it semi worked as it said user had to be specified, so typed then - “qb update plex user” and it seemed to do the job. But why make it more complicated than it was before?

What is shown in above video doesn’t happen if you type "qb "

What is shown in the video is exactly as expressed in the text. You must hit the TAB key. On some shell clients this could be once or twice. It is an auto-complete. Meaning, typing in qb in and hitting TAB with auto-complete the text to qb install.

Additionally, the plex command for updating is qb plex update and not qb update plex, we have additionally adjusted the variables in v1.6.2 to not require the username. This is actually to ensure better modularity and ease-of-use as quickbox application commands will no longer interfere with the applications own built-in commands, ie; filebot, rtorrent, etc…

If you are having any issues, please let us know and we will look into your problem as soon as possible. :heart:

I am on v1.6.2 and I had to type “qb update plex user” for it to work.

1 Like

regarding the video clip it doesn’t show the autocomplete, it shows the options you have when you type “qb”

The section where I type qb install nex I auto-complete to qb install nextcloud by hitting TAB. I am also double tabbing to reveal additional commands, again, there is going to be an update to the KB articles including the details on this.

No idea what the KB articles are but the “qb plex update” doesn’t do anything where as the “qb update plex user” works

The KB is our Knowledge Base:
https://quickbox.io/knowledge-base/quickbox-pro-cli/

Yes, you are correct. @Mischief just corrected me on this as well :blush: . Again, the KB article I am referring to is that posted, all commands etc within our Knowledge Base are going to be updated.

1 Like

It would also make most sense with the “qb update plex” that way it would streamline all the update commands to be “qb update blabla”

Correct, that is why it is staged as qb update plex username (as multiple apps can be called for update from the update argument) - the username variable must follow as it can be assigned to a specific user. We are possibly have it reversible as well, so it will additionally run as qb plex update username

Thanks for your input on this :slight_smile:

1 Like