Plex is dead? Or not?

Hi,

Changing to my dedicate server, enable to have Plex. Enable to install it proprely. Enable to have it (on the dashbord plex is red).
Enable to go to localhost: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED. So what can I do to? It is a new installation.

Quickbox:~# apt-get autoremove plexmediaserver && apt-get -y install plexmediaserver
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  plexmediaserver
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 220 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
dpkg: error processing package plexmediaserver (--remove):
 package is in a very bad inconsistent state; you should
 reinstall it before attempting a removal
Errors were encountered while processing:
 plexmediaserver
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Already the same with Ubuntu 16.04 …

Sadly not using an ubuntu atm. but on debian it’s running just fine with latest release - so pretty much alive here :grinning:

google says: sudo dpkg --remove --force-remove-reinstreq plexmediaserver

and then I would try installing from the quickbox gui or via box and not trying to install via just apt.

Already tried.
When installation was by gui, on the term plex is not installated.

It seems to me like you need to get this uninstalled before it will install again. Have you looked and tried these:
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1642173

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

I think I have the same issue, on Debian

Not solved yet

Hi,

It’s not a problem with Putty’s tunnel unfortunately like you sorry :slight_smile:

Already the same problem …

QuickBox:~# systemctl status plexmediaserver
● plexmediaserver.service - Plex Media Server for Linux
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service; enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: start-limit) since Thu 2016-12-29 23:34:45 CET; 2min 52s ago
  Process: 8878 ExecStart=/bin/sh -c LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/plexmediaserver /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex\ Media\ Server (code=exited, status=134)
  Process: 8874 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c /usr/bin/test -d "${PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT_DIR}" || /bin/mkdir -p "${PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT_DIR}" (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 8878 (code=exited, status=134)

Dec 29 23:34:39 QuickBox systemd[1]: plexmediaserver.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=134/n/a
Dec 29 23:34:39 QuickBox systemd[1]: Unit plexmediaserver.service entered failed state.
Dec 29 23:34:45 QuickBox systemd[1]: plexmediaserver.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
Dec 29 23:34:45 QuickBox systemd[1]: Stopping Plex Media Server for Linux...
Dec 29 23:34:45 QuickBox systemd[1]: Starting Plex Media Server for Linux...
Dec 29 23:34:45 QuickBox systemd[1]: plexmediaserver.service start request repeated too quickly, refusing to start.
Dec 29 23:34:45 QuickBox systemd[1]: Failed to start Plex Media Server for Linux.
Dec 29 23:34:45 QuickBox systemd[1]: Unit plexmediaserver.service entered failed state.

follow this please