Overlapping characters in terminal

When entering text longer than the screen in terminal the characters stays on the same line overwriting previous text.

this is a problem with terminal not really a quick box thing. but i find whenever it does that taking it to full screen and re-doing the command. helps some. gets rid of problem the reason it does this is putty is simple so is terminal. so it has a hard time splitting things up into smaller groups of text. I could be completely wrong but this is just how I have seen it.

I think it is something in the bashrc file. When I delete this file there is no problem.

i have this problem on my linux installs not just quickbox :confused: so i would not mind knowing a fix for it as well lol

This is actually something I have been meaning to sort out. It is a product of the bashrc. I would not suggest you delete that file however @tarp as it could cause complications with your QuickBox install… there are important functions within. I will reset line-wraps in the file. I hadn’t sorted this yet as it is an aesthetic defect and not anything critical or detrimental to security.

The problem comes from the use of color edits for what you see as the load function of your server, as well as the amount of space used in your current directory. That’s what those numbers are and what the color represents.

Default .bashrc files do not have this problem due to not using color edits. Thus new lines wrap as they should.

The file is restored, it was just for diag I removed it.

There will be a new .bashrc released either at the end of today or early (first thing) tomorrow morning. It is going to be considerably beefier than the last to include pulling QuickBox version info from ssh command… just for clocking versions.

I will put up a post later today, but so far, here is a screen shot of the options. These prompt are interchangeable as well.

Additionally, line-wrapping has been tested and the first line of a long code no longer folds over itself.
Moreover, a long list of easy aliases are going to be included for easier navigating of QuickBox related directories. Here is a quick list… any ideas and suggestions, let me know:

alias rm='rm -i'
alias cp='cp -i'
alias mv='mv -i'
# -> Prevents accidentally clobbering files.
alias mkdir='mkdir -p'

alias h='history'
alias j='jobs -l'
alias which='type -a'
alias ..='cd ..'

# Pretty-print of some PATH variables:
alias path='echo -e ${PATH//:/\\n}'
alias libpath='echo -e ${LD_LIBRARY_PATH//:/\\n}'

alias du='du -kh'    # Makes a more readable output.
alias df='df -kTh'

# -> Navigates to set QuickBox trees.
alias Qsetup='cd ~/QuickBox/setup'
alias Qpackages='cd ~/QuickBox/packages'
alias Qrutorrent='cd ~/QuickBox/rutorrent'
alias Qdashboard='cd ~/QuickBox/dashboard'
alias Qrtplugins='cd ~/QuickBox/rtplugins'

# -> Navigates to set QuickBox directories.
alias rutorrent='cd /srv/rutorrent'
alias dashboard='cd /srv/rutorrent/home'
alias syscommands='cd /usr/local/bin/quickbox'

# -> Performs some quick adjustments for certain conditions.
alias fix-disk_widget='home_diskwidget'

The command alias fix-disk_widget is designed for users who update on /home mounted systems. This command will fix their disk_data widget on the dashboard to use /home quotas once more. Once the command is entered, it will ask a series of questions (only 2) … this safe-guards against users who do not need the command and gives them the opportunity to “think twice”

93/992MB        0.00 0.01 0.05 1/192 30992
[1527:1468 0:470] 05:13:32 Thu Jun 16 [root@quickbox] ~
(1:470)# fix-disk_widget
rm: remove regular file 'disk_data.php'? n
mv: overwrite 'disk_data.php'? n
93/992MB        0.00 0.01 0.05 1/192 30992
[1527:1468 0:471] 05:13:45 Thu Jun 16 [root@quickbox] ~
(1:471)#

I like it. Thank you for your great support.