Online.net Installation Problems

Hi Folks, I’ve installed Quickbox on my kimsufi server with Debian 8 with no issues. For some reason with my new Online.net every time I try to reOS and install I get errors and am unable to access the online server when the installation finishes. I’ve noticed other people have trouble with Online.net servers, are there bugs or additional steps necessary for these servers?

I installed on a fresh online.net server 10minutes ago. working fine. What are the errors you are getting?

I am unable to log into my box from the web. I’d have to check my log later when I have time but this is an example of what happens:

quickbox-setup: line 903: /srv/rutorrent/home/db/master.txt: No such file or directory
sed: can't read /srv/rutorrent/home/inc/localize.php: No such file or directory
sed: can't read /srv/rutorrent/home/inc/localize.php: No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove '/srv/rutorrent/home/widgets/disk_datah.php': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '/root/QuickBox/setup/templates/sysd/shellinabox.template': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '/root/QuickBox/setup/templates/quickconsole/00_QuickConsole.css.template': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '/root/QuickBox/setup/templates/web-console.conf.template': No such file or directory
sed: can't read /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/zammerz.console.conf: No such file or directory
sed: can't read /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/zammerz.console.conf: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access '/etc/shellinabox/options-enabled/00_QuickConsole.css': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access '/etc/shellinabox/options-enabled/00_QuickConsole.css': No such file or directory

I get all these small no file exists throughout the whole installation and then I can’t connect to my server. I’ve tried Ubuntu 16 & Deb 8 and both throw errors throughout the install and don’t allow for access to the portal.

Chrome error when going to url:
This site can’t provide a secure connection

***.***.***.*** sent an invalid response.
Try running Network Diagnostics.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Are you running the script as root and in /root?

1 Like

Is it critical to run the script in /root? I’ve not done that a few times and had issues. Might be why.

Trying a fresh install now to see if it corrects some stuff.

yes, it needs to be run as root(it checks this) and in /root. It creates a QuickBox directory off of /root that everything is based off of.

Edit: cp: cannot stat ‘/root/QuickBox/setup/templates/sysd/shellinabox.template’: No such file or directory

I was in root but I wasn’t in the /root folder but I’ll try it again. I’m doing a reOS now. I’ll update when I finish and post any errors if they arise.

I’m now in root and in /root and I can update and clone without an issue. I then run the bash command and get:
root@:***/# bash ~/QuickBox/setup/quickbox-setup
bash: /root/QuickBox/setup/quickbox-setup: No such file or directory

I can go to the folder and run bash, I’ll try this later.

I installed it many times on an online.net Debian 8 and every time it works fine.
Do these simple steps and it will work.

1- Login as root
2- Type in “cd ~/” and hit enter
3- Install Quickbox

This is exactly what I did and still get this error:
@:~$ su
Password:
root@
:/home/
# cd ~/
root@s
***:~# bash ~/QuickBox/setup/quickbox-setup
bash: /root/QuickBox/setup/quickbox-setup: No such file or directory
root@*****:~#

Edit: I realized when I first did my initial install I did cd /, I’ll reOS and try with cd ~/ when I do my setup. Thanks.

Glad to hear that.

try “cd…”

Looks like that was my rookie mistake! Thanks for the advice and help everyone. Got the install working. Now I just need to get all my apps setup. Thank you again.

I found my fix here

Deskdecode

everything is working now