Ngnix issue (issuer certificate not found) after quickbox pro update 2.3.0

Hello everyone,

First time I am asking for help here but I am kind of a newbie when it comes to ngnix and reverse proxy so I am a bit lost. I could not find any help on google etc…

Anyway, since I did the last update (quickbox PRO 2.3.0 on Ubuntu 18.04), I cannot access to my Dashboard and Apps through my browser because the ngnix service cannot start.

Here is the result of systemctl status nginx.service:

Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/nginx.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2020-06-02 20:34:27 PDT; 22s ago
Docs: man:nginx(8)
Process: 1477 ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/nginx -t -q -g daemon on; master_process on; (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Jun 02 20:34:27 (server-name) systemd[1]: Starting A high performance web server and a reverse proxy server…
Jun 02 20:34:27 (server-name) nginx[1477]: nginx: [warn] “ssl_stapling” ignored, issuer certificate not found for certificate “/etc/ssl/certs/ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem”
Jun 02 20:34:27 (server-name) nginx[1477]: nginx: [emerg] socket() [::]:80 failed (97: Address family not supported by protocol)
Jun 02 20:34:27 (server-name) nginx[1477]: nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed
Jun 02 20:34:27 (server-name) systemd[1]: nginx.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
Jun 02 20:34:27 (server-name) systemd[1]: nginx.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
Jun 02 20:34:27 (server-name) systemd[1]: Failed to start A high performance web server and a reverse proxy server.

I also already tried qb fix website which give the same kind of error:

Job for nginx.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status nginx.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

Same with qb fix version : everything goes well until I get at the end :
nginx.service is not active, cannot reload.

Job for nginx.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status nginx.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

So I guess the issue is a certificate issue for ssl connection (nginx[1477]: nginx: [warn] “ssl_stapling” ignored, issuer certificate not found for certificate “/etc/ssl/certs/ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem”) but I have no idea on how to fix it.

Maybe something to look here >>> /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/default (when I delete this file it get replaced by a new default file and then nginx works again but still no access to the quickbox dashboard & apps through my browser) ??

Thanks in advance for any help !
Thanks also to the developers, quickbox is a great tool :slight_smile:

Heya @pjzbbsection!

I will gladly take a look at this for you if you like. You can PM here or get in touch with me via our Discord. To speed things up, you can do sudo su - in CLI and then do qb support enable and send it to me in a message. I’ll login and review/sort this for you ASAP. :heart: