New install, can't use plex and disc space errors

Yes, i ran updater and then installed from dashboard

Then I am at a complete loss as to why it wouldn’t even include plexmediaserver. I’ve not had any issues since I updated it. Are the results different if you run the install with box?

Installing from box giving same results -

● plexmediaserver.service
Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)

Actually, this edit in the script is waaaay bad and I have no idea where or how it got there… @liara (/me whistles)

DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive DEBIAN_PRIORITY=critical apt-get -q -y -o -f "Dpkg::Options::=--force-confdef" -o "Dpkg::Options::=--force-confold" install plexmediaserver >/dev/null 2>&1 

I must had been using the previous version of this installer at all trials I performed. I just pushed the update so give that the ol college try.

It’s working now via dashboard, installing from ssh “box install plex” get stuck with “updating system”

Do you get any type of error if you do apt-get update? Sounds like you have a dependency lock.

Well did apt-get update and getting

E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavai lable)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another proc ess using it?

Right, so you can rm /var/lib/dpkg/lock and try to run your update again. This usually happens due to an update being interrupted.

seems like something is still stuck

E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run ‘dpkg --configure -a’ to correct the problem.

(1:76)# dpkg --configure -a

Setting up plexmediaserver (1.1.4.2757-24ffd60) …

Then follow the yellow brick road!

dpkg --configure -a
and
apt-get install -f

1 Like

yeah seems like finally it’s working

Added that line because in some installs apt was waiting for user input. I’ve been seeing the popup asking if users want to keep the “user defined” /etc/default/plexmediaserver or use the “new maintainer” version and if someone has uninstalled and reinstalled plex in the hopes of fixing it, the install will simply hang as we suppress all output.

The issues with the plex repo have been rather annoying to date.

So I am discovering :blush: