Need help with finishing install

Hi everyone,

I’m very new to this, so I followed the script. Then I found that the process was stuck on “Building ffmpeg from source for screenshots”.

I just wanted to copy the message and I right clicked on it to copy, but it cancelled the process. So I"m not sure if my install of quickbox finished or not.

I tried to enter the script again, and I got the message " /root/quickbox already exists".

I’m not sure what I"m to do, to complete the installation properly. Please help!!

Try to type in your server IP in the browser and see if the Dashboard is showing.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I just get the ubuntu default page.

Its as if quickbox isn’t even there. I tried to use the command “dir” and “ls” in my root folder, but nothing is showing up.

Yet, when I try to use the script again to install, I get the error /root/quickbox already exists.

Thats weird. You might need to do a re-OS. But i think there might be another way to do it aswell, but cant tell. Dont know that much about the script :slight_smile:

OK

So I deleted everything on my server and tried the script again.

This time I selected NO to installing ffmpeg, and it proceeded with everything… but AGAIN it got stuck on “Building ffmpeg from source for screenshots”. It seems its trying to install even tho i said no… =/

I’m not sure what to do?! is this part of the install supposed to take long?

What kinda of server are you trying to install it on?
Server provider and so on?

Online.net

Dedibox SC SATA 2016

Are you installing it as root?

Sigh.

Yep. In root. Then it finished (but it gave me some errors). So I reboot the system as prompted.

After reboot had to connect to the server using 4747.

Once in…I’m not sure what to do now?

how do i access the quickbox dashboard? I tried just typing in my server ip address but just connection refused.

Is there any other steps we’re supposed to follow after the install asks us to reboot?

Sounds really weird. My own server is from Online.net - havn’t any problems with them yet.
You should try get on IRC and ask in there.

Hey there @wadokai,

Can you remove the local QuickBox installation first before attempting to do a repull? You can do this by typing:

cd
rm -rf QuickBox
git clone --recursive https://lab.quickbox.io/QuickBox/QuickBox /root/QuickBox

You can then run the setup once more if you like:

bash /root/QuickBox/setup/quickbox-setup

As per [quote=“wadokai, post:9, topic:1314”]
how do i access the quickbox dashboard? I tried just typing in my server ip address but just connection refused.
[/quote]

There are no further instructions for you to follow. The end of the installer gives the username/password and ip for accessing your dashboard. It typically looks like:

##################################################################################
#   Seedbox can be found at  https://username:password@serverip
#   (Also works for FTP:5757/SSH:4747)
##################################################################################

As per ffmpeg installing when you opt for ‘No’, I have not seen this behavior, nor can I reproduce. I attempted this on a space Online.net server this morning and it simply bypassed the install of ffmpeg.

If you are getting the default apache page (Ubuntu), then more than likely QuickBox didn’t get installed correctly. This can happen for two reasons.

1. It was in fact, installed in the wrong location (i.e; not /root/)
  2. It was prematurely interrupted and the script installer was cancelled out.

Which is the case. Follow the steps to remove the current local repo from your system, fresh git pull and should be off to the races.

Closing topic as there has been no feedback from OP