Need help finding document root / public directory

Trying to verify my ssl certificate I bought off off ssls,
“You’re almost done. Upload file to /.well-known/pki-validation/ public directory”

Is the last step, but I can’t seem to find the public directory to create the folders/ files in.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Not sure about third-party certificates. It’s easiest to save your money and run the box install letsencrypt command. However, the certificate should be able to get set in these two locations (divided by the key and certificate) ::

1. /etc/ssl/certs/ for your .cert or .pem
  2. /etc/ssl/private/ for your .key

You can then change these 2 lines in your default-ssl.conf file to point to your certificate you installed.

SSLCertificateFile /etc/ssl/certs/ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/ssl/private/ssl-cert-snakeoil.key

Then issue a restart to apache with service apache2 restart

As per ::

“You’re almost done. Upload file to /.well-known/pki-validation/ public directory”

Seems like youd need to make the directory at your QuickBox directory located at /srv/rutorrent/home. I am only guessing as I have never seen a purchased certificate have some sort of install command, other than generating the needed CSR. In this case, it may be better for you to check their docs.

Thanks! I actually managed to get them to change the verification method for me since it seemed such a task just to have the certificate installed