MadSonic & Torrent Adder support

Hey,

just a short note: Lately I read about this guy who proposed the idea of having the possibility to stream content directly from the seedbox.
Therefore I wanted to suggest “MadSonic” as an application to perform this task. I used it on another box and it’s a really nice and handy tool.
Furthermore I wanted to ask if it’s possible to support the extension “Remote Torrent Adder” for Chrome.

Best regards,
cinory

remote torrent adder works.

Here are my settings for Rutorrent

here are my deluge settings:

Thank you RXWatcher, I will try it =)

Torrent adder doesn’t work properly with private trackers.
So i found an alternative (works on Chrome & Firefox).

An extension called “Xirvik .torrent to seedbox uploader” (chrome version, firefox version).

You can’t configure it like Torrent adder (No port specification/ssl etc) but it works fine for me

Let’s look the configuration :

Note : the Seedbox URL can be like "http://IP_adress/rutorrent" also

How to use it :

When you visit a torrent page, just clic on the habitual button for download the torrent. Some seconds later, you’ll see a notification that tells the torrent has been added to your seedbox.

Torrent Adder works just fine with private trackers…but always nice with alternatives :slight_smile:

For me it’s the fault of the catchlink. We’ve seen with an admin of a private tracker and we are unable to setup it properly. So we found this alternative

Still puzzles me that it makes issues as I am on a bunch myself and it is working like a charm on all of them :slight_smile:

Actually it sounds like its a port or ssl issue regarding your settings…because Xirvik uses none of that it seems :slight_smile:

This is what we also believe
But we’ve tried with the site port, the tracker port, and ou server ports (for ftp & sftp)

very odd for the torrent adder not to work for you on private trackers i can count 5 that i have had no issues with touch wood. has anyone attempted to use transdrone or transdroid to add torrents from a smartphone ? im guessing the SGI mount point would be /rutorrent/plugins/httprpc/action.php

That would be the correct mount point. However, we also include a plugin call ‘Mobile’ that should negate the complicated use of Transdroid. The mobile plugin simply converts ruTorrent to a mobile friendly format.