Installation on Azure VM

Hi,

I have tried to install on Azure VM fresh install of Debian 8 and also fresh install of Ubuntu 16.04. Both don’t work. I’m noob with Linux but it seems Apache failed to install on Debian. On Ubuntu I can’t access the dashboard because of this error : ssl_error_rx_record_too_long
So before going further, I wonder if Quickbox is supposed to work on Azure VM ?

I doubt it. You can probably make it work but you’ll need to do some things to fix it up.
You’ll probably need to edit the apache config files to make it work…Azure is going to have some horrendously long hostnames which is probably throwing this all off.

Well it’s working after a second try on the debian box. I have just run the script again and now I can access the dashboard.
But now I have a problem with plex, the service failed to start :
plex3:~/bin# systemctl status plexmediaserver.service
● plexmediaserver.service - Plex Media Server for Linux
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service; enabled)
Active: failed (Result: start-limit) since Wed 2017-01-04 17:45:02 UTC; 135ms ago
Process: 14632 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c /usr/bin/test -d “${PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT_DIR}” || /bin/mkdir -p “${PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT_DIR}” (code=exited, status=217/USER)
Jan 04 17:44:57 plex3 systemd[1]: plexmediaserver.service: control process exited, code=exited status=217

Any idea ?

Try:

sudo systemctl stop plexmediaserver.service
sudo mkdir -p /var/lib/plexmediaserver
sudo adduser --quiet --system --shell /bin/bash --home /var/lib/plexmediaserver --group plex
sudo chown -R plex:plex /var/lib/plexmediaserver
sudo systemctl start plexmediaserver.service

It’s usually that the user doesnt exist or the home dir doesnt exist.

Perfect! Works great thanks :slight_smile: