Incorrect disk space

So I set up Quickbox on a brand new install of Ubuntu 16.04 Server at home. I have 2 x 4TB disks and I combined them with LVM at install time. My Quickbox panel is correct to an extent it says I have used 371GB out of 7,366 GB and I can’t think how that could be true as the only thing that is installed is ruTorrent and Deluge and I haven’t yet downloaded a thing.

Now for ruTorrent it get even worse and it tells me I only have 18GB of total space

Any help would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Thank you

Hi there @Yoshiken,

It sounds as if your mount isn’t being displayed properly in ruTorrent due to the plugin used. If you are using a /home mount you can disable or enable the diskspace plugins per your need. You can do this in the Plugin Menu on the left side of your dashboard panel.

You can then navigate to where you see the plugins diskspace and diskspaceh. If you have a /home mount, install the diskspaceh plugin, if /root mount diskspace

With that set, you should now have the space showing properly within ruTorrent.

This is called reserved system blocks. basically, linux by default devotes 5% to the root system. This keeps your system from becoming completely full and causing a potential lockout of your server. It’s a linux design… I know… the more space you have, the more it takes for reserved blocks to avoid a system panic

1 Like

Thank you very much indeed for the in depth reply. However, I have tried both diskspace and diskspaceh and it remains stuck at 27% in ruTorrent.

Here is my setup https://hastebin.com/odosedilap.erl does that look alright?

Thank you

I see the issue. All of your space is allocated at:

/dev/mapper/archive-srv ext4      7.2T   79M  6.9T   1% /srv

We currently support only /home and /(root) mounts. However, I am working on a fuunction to assign custom mounts and create additional mounts to display on the dashboard. I am hoping to push this out, with a couple of other requested apps tomorrow.

2 Likes

That damn Ubuntu guide really screwed me over then didn’t it haha.
Alright this is good to know and I look forward to it. If worse comes to worse I will do the LVM install again and this time use /home and not /srv

Thanks and I sent a donation :gift:

1 Like

If you do not mind, then I may add something - Why use LVM? Just go for a plain raid 0 setup. This might also conform to the script guideline like keeping the mount either to /root or /home.

I’m pretty sure my old ass motherboard doesn’t support RAID :frowning:

idk raid has been around for a long ass time IDE hard drives suported raid out of the box
but the raid we deal with most days is software raid you motherboard does not matter so much with that.

I am speaking about software raid. Not hardware raid. Having a software raid 0 config will also help in big io performance gains.

Alright I did a clean install with LVM and I have used the /home directory for mount. My issue is now that the disk space is incorrect in the Quickbox Dashboard and appears to be showing the amount of space I allocated to /root
I am using the diskspace plugin for rutorrent

fixhome command didn’t seem to help

showpspace outputs:
902.7KB quickbox/
16.0KB lost+found/

lsblk outputs:

NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sda 8:0 0 3.7T 0 disk
└─archive-archive 252:0 0 7.3T 0 lvm /home
sdb 8:16 0 3.7T 0 disk
├─sdb1 8:17 0 976M 0 part /boot
├─sdb2 8:18 0 7.5G 0 part [SWAP]
├─sdb3 8:19 0 18.6G 0 part /
└─sdb4 8:20 0 3.6T 0 part
└─archive-archive 252:0 0 7.3T 0 lvm /home

Try
sudo su fix-disk_widget_home

1 Like

Hey thanks for that and it now displays the correct disk space.

Thank you :fireworks: