How do I make Plex get access to content outside my /home?

Dear QB

Im trying to get this to work - and I got it working…

Everything seems to be running just fine… the only problem I have is…

When I move a file from my home directory, ex… in this case /home/morphy ( who is sudo , and configured for this server I have )

When I move that file to /home/Plex/ - the attributes follow so in this case the file has morphy username and morphy group .

The guide clearly states that I have to create a “Plex” user , but the “Plex” user is already created via QB install script.

So far so good. When everything runs as it should, I can see the media content from the acd on the server - so something IS working… :slight_smile: , but the only problem is that PLEX can’t find any content when i want to add my library via the web configurator of Plex.
So it has to be access rights messing up. But how do I solve it?

Morphy

setfacl -m u:plex:rwx /home/Plex/
This sets permissions for specific users, without changing the ownership of the directory.

Thanks Bate.

So this wont impact my current setup?

I mean - can I just add that command , and I dont need to chance ownership of the copied files and directories? It wont impact the current setup with Plex? :slight_smile:

Just dont want to “destroy” my Plex so my current Plex wont run or something :slight_smile:

Thanks

Morphy

This sets permissions for specific users, without changing the ownership of the directory.

User will have read, write & execute permissions. Nothing else is changed

Ok thank you so much Bate :slight_smile:

Regards

Morphy