Hetzner Online Server Auction test 2018 12TB 52 Euro

Hi :wink: I have been using quickbox for a year on many providers… And I recently did a blog post on my first try at Hetzner Auction :wink:

Hetzner Online Server Auction test 2018 (52 Euro pr. mnd!)

Testing quickbox on 12TB - 16GB - 1Gs

1 Like

Hi. Nice spec you have. Do you experience rtorrent timeout?

Nope… But I do experience problem when updating… dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run ‘dpkg --configure -a’ to correct the problem. But that command hangs on sendmail and the web gui is not working at all… Only ftp and over 100 active torrents I no longer can access… Guess I ask for advice on the new irc :slight_smile:

I was lucky enough to pick up one of their 20tb servers for €38pm. Havent had any problems i can attribute to the host so far.

PLEASE DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH AND DO NOT BLINDLY FOLLOW MY TIPS. THE FOLLOWING IS MOST LIKELY THE EQUIVALENT OF TAKING A SLEDGEHAMMER TO A PEANUT. IT WORKED FLAWLESS FOR ME BUT, YMMV.

I ran into the same problem hanging on sendmail while trying to update and run dpkg --configure -a like it said. I was able to get around this annoyance by:

• Ctrl + C the dpkg --configure -a process if you are stuck on sendmail (If Ctrl + C doesn’t work you can Ctrl + Z)
  • Uninstall sendmail-bin.
  • Reboot server.
  • Updates, installs, etc. should work fine now.**********

********* My Hetzner box had a problem rebooting from terminal so i had to login to Hetzner dashboard and reboot from there. After doing that, server is back to 100% normal without the stupid sendmail hangups.

1 Like