Headphones and Pyload show with a red dot after rebooting the server

Hello, this my first post in the forum. Thanks for making Quickbox, it really made setting up servers much easier especially for a Linux noob like me.

I have an online.net server with ubuntu 16.04 64 bit installed

I can successfully install Headphones and Pyload from the Quickbox’s dashboard or SSH with root privilege and can access both from the left panel in the dashboard but the problem is after rebooting the server both Headphones and Pyload will show with red dots and can’t access any of it.
I ran “box install headphones” with root privilege and I noticed that all went ok expept for getting this error
"—>Enabling Headphones Autostart at Boot…
update-rc.d: error: initscript does not exist: /etc/init.d/headphones"

I ran “box install pyload” with root privilege and all went ok without any error.
“setup-pyLoad” went ok too

The problem is after rebooting the server, both packages will show with red dots in the dashboard and clicking on each of it from the left panel gives me a web page with “Service Unavailable”

I ran “service headphones status” and it gave me this (I removed my server’s hostname):
"● headphones.service - Headphones
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/headphones.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2017-07-03 14:32:56 CEST; 3min 13s ago
Process: 1299 ExecStart=/usr/bin/python2 /home/bakls/.headphones/Headphones.py -d --pidfile /var/run/headphones/headphones.pid --datadir /home/bakls/.headphones --nolaunch --config /home/

Jul 03 14:32:53 my.hostname systemd[1]: Starting Headphones…
Jul 03 14:32:56 my.hostname python2[1299]: (‘Unable to write PID file: %s’, IOError(2, ‘No such file or directory’))
Jul 03 14:32:56 my.hostname systemd[1]: headphones.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
Jul 03 14:32:56 my.hostname systemd[1]: Failed to start Headphones.
Jul 03 14:32:56 my.hostname systemd[1]: headphones.service: Unit entered failed state.
Jul 03 14:32:56 my.hostname systemd[1]: headphones.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’."

I ran “service pyload status” and it gave me this:
“● pyload.service
Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
Active: inactive (dead)”

any help will be appreciated :slight_smile:

Hello,

I am having the same issue with Headphones, cant figure out how to solve it

● headphones.service - Headphones
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/headphones.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2017-07-08 13:15:26 CEST; 9min ago

Jul 08 13:15:24 systemd[1]: Starting Headphones…
Jul 08 13:15:26 python2[20966]: (‘Unable to write PID file: %s’, IOError(2, ‘No such file or directory’))
Jul 08 13:15:26 systemd[1]: headphones.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
Jul 08 13:15:26 systemd[1]: Failed to start Headphones.
Jul 08 13:15:26 systemd[1]: headphones.service: Unit entered failed state.
Jul 08 13:15:26 systemd[1]: headphones.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.

Any tips about this?

@mokron, could you tell me which version of QuickBox you are running? It will tell you on the Update Widget on your dashboard.

@neph, could you try the following…

USERNAME=$(cat /srv/rutorrent/home/db/master.txt)
local_setup=/etc/QuickBox/setup/
APPPATH='/home/'$USERNAME'/.headphones'
cp ${local_setup}configs/headphones/config.ini $APPPATH/config.ini

Then issue a restart to Headphones from either your dashboard or by way of the command systemctl restart headphones

@JMSolo i did what you asked as root

The cp step asked me if i wanted to overwrite, i said yes.

Then i issued a restart from the dashboard without success, same with the systemctl command

Same error.

Jul 11 08:58:32 systemd[1]: Starting Headphones…
Jul 11 08:58:35 python2[5895]: (‘Unable to write PID file: %s’, IOError(2, ‘No such file or directory’))
Jul 11 08:58:35 systemd[1]: headphones.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
Jul 11 08:58:35 systemd[1]: Failed to start Headphones.
Jul 11 08:58:35 systemd[1]: headphones.service: Unit entered failed state.
Jul 11 08:58:35 systemd[1]: headphones.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.

Thanks

Hello @JMSolo
I have Quickbox 2.5.1
I did a fresh install just yesterday and installed all the packages except Headphones and Pyload
After the fresh install Rtorrent, DelugeD and Deluge Web showed with red dots and I’ve fixed after reading on the forums here by running (With root):
apt install -y rtorrent
installpackage-deluge

After seeing your comment now, I’ve installed both Headphones and Pyload and did a reboot.
Both Headphones and Pyload showed with red dots after the reboot as usual but now DelugeD, Deluge Web, Couchpotato and Sickrage are all shown with red dots and can’t be accessed. Doing “box remove packagename” then “box install packagename” didn’t fix the issue.
This is what the typing the commands gave me:
“server:/home/bakls# box install deluge
Installing deluge
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/bakls/dwatch’: File exists
server:/home/bakls# box install couchpotato
Installing couchpotato
sed: can’t read /home/bakls/.couchpotato/settings.conf: No such file or directory
server:/home/bakls# box install sickrage
Installing sickrage
sed: can’t read /home/bakls/.sickrage/config.ini: No such file or directory
sed: can’t read /home/bakls/.sickrage/config.ini: No such file or directory
server:/home/bakls# service deluge status
● deluge.service
Active: inactive (dead)
server:/home/bakls# service sickrage status
● sickrage.service
Active: inactive (dead)
server:/home/bakls# service couchpotato status
● couchpotato.service
Active: inactive (dead)”

Thanks