Getting a strange error on install

hi guys trying to install on a new server and getting this never seen it before any ideas ?

[email protected]:~# apt-get -yqq update; apt-get -yqq upgrade; apt-get -yqq install git lsb-release; \

git clone --recursive https://lab.quickbox.io/QuickBox/QuickBox QuickBox &&
bash ~/QuickBox/setup/quickbox-setup
Cloning into ‘QuickBox’…
error: RPC failed; result=22, HTTP code = 404
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
[email protected]:~#

What’s interesting is that it implies the address is wrong on the repo… but it is not.

Try this

cd
rm -rf QuickBox
git clone --recursive https://lab.quickbox.io/QuickBox/QuickBox QuickBox

This will remove any traces just pulled (which failed) and then attempt a fresh pull.

[email protected]:~# cd
[email protected]:~# rm -rf QuickBox
[email protected]:~# git clone --recursive https://lab.quickbox.io/QuickBox/QuickBox QuickBox
Cloning into ‘QuickBox’…
error: RPC failed; result=22, HTTP code = 404
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
[email protected]:~#
trying to google it and it just keeps giving me a windows error but its ubuntu 16.04

it did say something about git may be full ? never seen this before

If you do just apt -y install git does it install, or say it’s already installed.

[email protected]:~# apt-get -y install git
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
git is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Hmmm, yeah… this is something I will need to research. I have never wound up with this issue and it just cloned to two new machines without issue. Who is the provider of this machine?

oneprovider

Oh glorious… OneProvider.

Do you mind shooting me your server details in a PM so I can take a look directly?

Hi, was this ever resolved? I am getting the same issue with a new box from superseedbox.

Can you ensure that you are installing on either Debian 8 or Ubuntu 15.10/16.04? This error usually will exist if you are trying to git pull from lesser versions of an OS such as Ubuntu 12 - and Debian 6 -.

You can check your version by typing: lsb_release -rs

on top of what JMSolo is asking, I would like to know if they installed for you or you installed on a server/vps they provided?

Yeah, this issue happened with @coaster and it was a OneProvider fail. They kept installing 12.04 Ubuntu even though his request for OS was clearly 16.04. :astonished:

supperseedbox did the instal and on checking it seems they’ve given me Wheesy not Jessie so thats probably the reason :cry:

That could very well be it. If you opted for Debian 8 and they installed Debian 7… I would consider looking into another provider… just for what my 2 cents are worth. Granted, mistakes happen.

The box was provisioned through a friend, a small mix up in communication that wasnt the providers fault.

Will try again when it’s redone, thanks :slight_smile:

Post deleted in order to open a new topic.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.