Enabling addons for added users

Hi Guys

i see the new console is looking dapper as a super user i can add addons sickrage etc but is this possible for other users i have added obviously thy dont have permissions or something i cant see in their console how to add these addons

thanks for any help

regards

andrew

At the moment this is not supported due to configuration issues.

The applications will need to be configured to use a different port for each instance which is currently not supported through our package. You can however do this manually and spawn a new instance of the process by specifying which user the process should run as, eg:

systemctl start sickrage@newuser

sd-57764:~# systemctl start sickrage@chris_stuff
Job for sickrage@chris_stuff.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See “systemctl status sickrage@chris_stuff.service” and “journalctl -xe” for details.

i tried lol

First off you need to make sure sickrage exists in the user’s directory, then you need to either free up port 8081 or change the port in sickrage’s configuration to something other than 8081. You can’t just straight run that command. If it were that easy, we would be able to push multi-user configs without any issue.

1 Like

sorry ime not as good as you with linux yet

Nobody is @coaster, don’t feel bad :stuck_out_tongue:

I am well versed in most linux functions… there are times where @liara embarrasses me.