Enable/Disable Services doesn't work


#1

Hello everybody! 2.4 is an awesome update. Incredible work guys! I have only one problem after the update, the Services panel doesn’t work, I cannot disable services from it, it always mark services as disabled, but it is not correct. If I reboot the machine it starts up all services, the only problem is I cannot disable them.

Do you know what can be happening? Tried eleting cache and other web browser and it is the same. Thank you!!


#2

i learned if you do it 2 times it works so do it one time wait for refresh then do it again :smiley: and it will work not sure why

also i think they are told to startup at boot. how often you rebooting it?

ok i just tried this disabled all and rebooted and they all stayed dead. so what os are you running?


#3

Thank you dtech, fast response :smiley:

Done it two times more and still the same behaviour. I reboot it once a week more or less. If I reboot, services are started automatically. I think the problem is only the widget, as I cannot “Enable” them, can’t disable neither, but I think services are configured for automatically start when the widget funcioned correctly before the upgrade.


#4

no it sounds like something is not right with the update on your system, this is not normal i tried on 3 servers and could not get them to start back up without enabling them. and no problem we try to be quick and effective around here. though i am not sure what’s going on @JMSolo and or @liara will get you sorted out when they get on in a few hrs they need their sleep for some reason :laughing:


#5

xD

Thank you so much dtech, i will wait for them.


#6

I have got news, installed new service CouchPotato and the switch works well with it:

Maybe it is necessary to “Disable” old services manually before “Enabling” them using the switches?

EDIT:
Ok, more info, looked at the code in inc/config.php and the isEnabled function check for files that doesn’t exist for the services installed before the update:

Maybe the services are not migrated correctly to systemd?


#7

Is this an update from a previous version, or is this a fresh install?

If you have updated from a previous version, please run removepackage-cron from ssh to remove the old cron setup to take advantage of the new systemd.


#8

It was an update. I have done what you said and is working perfectly. Thank you really much @JMSolo one more time :smiley:

EDIT: @JMSolo, I spoke too quickly. Now rtorrent is broken, I can see a lot of lines in the log:

1468244095 E 99D68A3491CC1E461C12993C1189C805CAA69D25->file_list: Failed to prepare file ‘/mediainfo.txt’: Could not open file: Too many open files

With the old cron I had changed limits in /etc/security/limits.conf but now it doesn’t work. Do you know how can I fix this? Thank you!

EDIT2: Fixed it. Had to edit this file and put LimitNOFILE in the [Service] paragraph:

seedbox:/home/romancin/logs# cat /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/[email protected]
[Unit]
Description=rTorrent
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=forking
KillMode=none
User=%I
ExecStartPre=-/bin/rm -f /home/%I/.sessions/rtorrent.lock
ExecStart=/usr/bin/screen -d -m -fa -S rtorrent /usr/bin/rtorrent
ExecStop=/usr/bin/killall -w -s 2 /usr/bin/rtorrent
WorkingDirectory=/home/%I/
LimitNOFILE=65000

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target


#9

This can be set system wide with one of the systemd settings I believe. I’ll look into seeing if we can add it to one of the conf files for a more permanent solution :slight_smile: