Enable/Disable Services doesn't work

Hello everybody! 2.4 is an awesome update. Incredible work guys! I have only one problem after the update, the Services panel doesn’t work, I cannot disable services from it, it always mark services as disabled, but it is not correct. If I reboot the machine it starts up all services, the only problem is I cannot disable them.

Do you know what can be happening? Tried eleting cache and other web browser and it is the same. Thank you!!

i learned if you do it 2 times it works so do it one time wait for refresh then do it again :smiley: and it will work not sure why

also i think they are told to startup at boot. how often you rebooting it?

ok i just tried this disabled all and rebooted and they all stayed dead. so what os are you running?

Thank you dtech, fast response :smiley:

Done it two times more and still the same behaviour. I reboot it once a week more or less. If I reboot, services are started automatically. I think the problem is only the widget, as I cannot “Enable” them, can’t disable neither, but I think services are configured for automatically start when the widget funcioned correctly before the upgrade.

no it sounds like something is not right with the update on your system, this is not normal i tried on 3 servers and could not get them to start back up without enabling them. and no problem we try to be quick and effective around here. though i am not sure what’s going on @JMSolo and or @liara will get you sorted out when they get on in a few hrs they need their sleep for some reason :laughing:

xD

Thank you so much dtech, i will wait for them.

I have got news, installed new service CouchPotato and the switch works well with it:

Maybe it is necessary to “Disable” old services manually before “Enabling” them using the switches?

EDIT:
Ok, more info, looked at the code in inc/config.php and the isEnabled function check for files that doesn’t exist for the services installed before the update:

Maybe the services are not migrated correctly to systemd?

Is this an update from a previous version, or is this a fresh install?

If you have updated from a previous version, please run removepackage-cron from ssh to remove the old cron setup to take advantage of the new systemd.

It was an update. I have done what you said and is working perfectly. Thank you really much @JMSolo one more time :smiley:

EDIT: @JMSolo, I spoke too quickly. Now rtorrent is broken, I can see a lot of lines in the log:

1468244095 E 99D68A3491CC1E461C12993C1189C805CAA69D25->file_list: Failed to prepare file ‘/mediainfo.txt’: Could not open file: Too many open files

With the old cron I had changed limits in /etc/security/limits.conf but now it doesn’t work. Do you know how can I fix this? Thank you!

EDIT2: Fixed it. Had to edit this file and put LimitNOFILE in the [Service] paragraph:

seedbox:/home/romancin/logs# cat /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/[email protected]
[Unit]
Description=rTorrent
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=forking
KillMode=none
User=%I
ExecStartPre=-/bin/rm -f /home/%I/.sessions/rtorrent.lock
ExecStart=/usr/bin/screen -d -m -fa -S rtorrent /usr/bin/rtorrent
ExecStop=/usr/bin/killall -w -s 2 /usr/bin/rtorrent
WorkingDirectory=/home/%I/
LimitNOFILE=65000

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

This can be set system wide with one of the systemd settings I believe. I’ll look into seeing if we can add it to one of the conf files for a more permanent solution :slight_smile: