Drop down menu on the right hand side on the dashboard no longer works. Cant update


#1

As the title said, after I did an update via the menu option on the dashboard. The menu itself no longer drops down. I am talking about the menu that is named after the user.

Is there a command I can use on the CLI to update and see if a new update fixes my problem?


#2

Do the following to get the menu back. I am going to send a patch to the updater to address this issue today.

local_dashboard=/root/QuickBox/dashboard/
rutorrent=/srv/rutorrent/
rsync -aP --exclude=disk_*.php ${local_dashboard}* ${rutorrent}home

In fact, I have pushed the commit now to avoid this. That commit may be reviewed here:
https://github.com/QuickBox/quickbox_packages/commit/687f7f940806d39ec03a442dbfe71f4feb7433ec


#3

I did the commands you asked and it broke the layout/css of the dashboard.

Not sure what to do from here.


#4

Do a hard refresh in your browser Ctrl + f5


#5

Did it, and tried it with a couple other browsers and same thing.


#6

Well, that command does not overwrite any css nor make any deletions. You may try this, however, I think this is a caching issue.

The following does a hard copy to your dashboard:

local_dashboard=/root/QuickBox/dashboard/
rutorrent=/srv/rutorrent/
cp -r ${local_dashboard}. ${rutorrent}home

If you have a /home mounted system you will need to additionally do the following:

dashboard
cd widgets
rm disk_data.php && mv disk_datah.php disk_data.php

#7

Ya, not sure what is going on. I did the commands and it’s still messed up. Cleared cache, everything. Still looks the same.


#8

What does la -l return from the /srv/rutorrent/home/skins/ directory. I don’t know what’s going on either as that command literally does nothing but do a soft copy… and the latter does a hard copy. No files get removed and/or moved at all.

Are you using your seedbox with a CDN by chance… for a domain name?

Additionally, try to run updateQuickBox and see if that addresses your issue.


#9

Cheers! Doing the update command fixed everything, except it broke my disk usage. You logged into my server to fix that a week or so ago. So not sure how to get it going again.


#10

Try running the move on the disk widgets as it always defaults to /(root) mount (for now)

dashboard
cd widgets
rm disk_data.php && mv disk_datah.php disk_data.php

I have addressed some issues with the disk widget files so that should be resolved now. Let me know though if it still spells out trouble for you.


#11

Ran it, and still nothing, I also setdisk and nothing pops up.


#12

Try uploading this file to your /widgets directory on your dashboard and see if this works. Maybe the commit did not go through on our stable branch like I thought. Rename without the .txt

disk_data.php.txt (5.9 KB)


#13

uploaded it, permissions 775, widget still appears blank. hmmm


#14

Please PM me your server credentials and I’ll take a look. :slight_smile:


#15

All fixed thank you.