Disk Space Used not updating and wrong (Hetzner)

have you done a Ctrl + f5 to clear your browser cache?

I always open it in an incognito window to prevent any cache issues.

Could you post your /etc/fstab for me. There should be no issues… as if there were then the setdisk command would had informed as such. It’s possible that the quotas aren’t on the right mount point.

here you go.

proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/md/0 none swap sw 0 0
/dev/md/1 /boot ext3 defaults 0 0
/dev/md/2 / ext4 usrjquota=aquota.user,jqfmt=vfsv1,defaults 0 0
/dev/md/3 /home ext4 defaults 0 0

Yup, change it to this instead:

/dev/md/0 none swap sw 0 0
/dev/md/1 /boot ext3 defaults 0 0
/dev/md/2 / ext4 defaults 0 0
/dev/md/3 /home ext4 usrjquota=aquota.user,jqfmt=vfsv1,defaults 0 0

do i need to reboot or run any command after doing that?

You shouldn’t have to, however, it shouldn’t hurt if you do. In most cases you can just type service quota restart… I think… I haven’t used quotas in ages. I should get back on testing those options :no_mouth:

Rebooted and still didn’t change anything. I ran the fix-disk_widget_home and fix-disk_widget_root commands and it didn’t change anything either.

If you don’t mind, feel free to shoot me server details and I will login and take a look. You’ll only need to run the `fix-disk_widget_home as you are using a /home mount and not a /(root).

More than likely you need to reset your quotas, check out this guide to get that squared away. If this doesn’t work I have no idea why yours isn’t cooperating and the only way to really know would be to look first-hand.

Thanks for the offer. I think I’ll just start from scratch again using the settings from the gif that was created for Hetzner setup. the fact that I have those extra partitions may be messign something up.

In the initial setup I chose root as the primary mount partition, so I don’t know why it’s showing as home.

I only need about 2 more months out of the box, and while this quota issue is an annoyance, the box still works. So in two month, I’ll scrap eveything again and assuming the setting from that Hetzner setup gif posted here do not work, I will gladly take you up on your offer.

1 Like

Just to update. thank link you sent me seems to work. rtorrent still doesn’t display the available space and used space in its WebUI, but the QuickBox WebUI now displays it correctly.

I think the reason rtorrent still doesn’t show it is because I was unable to find the exact code listed in that wiki that it told me to change. so I didn’t change anything.

More than likely that too is an easy fix. Check to see that you have the diskspaceh plugin installed and the diskspace plugin uninstalled. You can find the toggles in your Plugins Menu on the left side.

1 Like

Well, damn. That sure did it!

Thank you so much for all of your help. I’ll still probably redo it all in a couple months, but for now I think it’s going to work quite well :smiley:

the problem when you installed the server is there is a part towards the end of the rescue system that has the mount points for the script to install

the last one being /home all
you would needed to have removed that and then go up one and replace / (what ever number here) with all

that would allow you to use a / mount point for the QuickBox setup
due to missing that step you installed on a /home so you have to use the right widget for that. nothing was wrong with the server just the widget.

Another question about this…

I’m having the same problem I originally had with the 2nd user on my box. How do I go about changing settings to get her disk usage to show correctly as well?

And is there anything that can be added to the dashboard, like plugins, and availability to install certain programs for a 2nd user?

If you fixed the widget then it should be fixed for all users across the server. It shouldn’t need be tampered with any further. Can you confirm you have ran setdisk to assign their space? Also, are you rebooting often (I never reboot as in most instances this is completely unnecessary)

1 Like

The widget works great for my user. But still doesn’t display used space for the 2nd user.

I never reboot unless it’s just the only option. setdisk is the first thing i did for both users, and i’ve run it since I got my user working to change the amount for the 2nd user. I can change the amount of data in the quota just fine, but even when I add 50GB of files to that user’s home folder, it still displays as .0000000054343 GB used.

The only other thing it could be is caching. The widget is literally the very same widget used for all accounts created. It’s based off the system quota and is a single php file that reads per user directory. It is not possible for it to work on one account and not the other… not unless something on the server and/or the user is misconfigured.

I am having same issue.
Tried everything as per this forum (even that fix until…)
But nothing working

Here is my df - h
Filesystem Type Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev devtmpfs 16G 0 16G 0% /dev
tmpfs tmpfs 3.2G 5.0M 3.2G 1% /run
/dev/mapper/vg0-root ext4 5.4T 915G 4.3T 18% /
tmpfs tmpfs 16G 0 16G 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
tmpfs tmpfs 16G 0 16G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/md0 ext3 487M 184M 278M 40% /boot
/dev/mapper/vg0-tmp reiserfs 20G 84M 20G 1% /tmp
tmpfs tmpfs 3.2G 0 3.2G 0% /run/user/1001

And my /etc/fstab

/dev/md/0

UUID=92c9b5bd-48c5-461c-8db8-5c0dcce59c08 /boot ext3 defaults 0 0

/dev/md/1 belongs to LVM volume group ‘vg0’

/dev/vg0/swap swap swap defaults 0 0
/dev/vg0/tmp /tmp reiserfs defaults 0 0
/dev/vg0/root / ext4 usrjquota=aquota.user,jqfmt=vfsv1,defaults 0 0

And my lsblk is as follows
NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sdb 8:16 0 2.7T 0 disk
├─sdb2 8:18 0 2.7T 0 part
│ └─md1 9:1 0 5.5T 0 raid0
│ ├─vg0-swap 253:1 0 10G 0 lvm [SWAP]
│ ├─vg0-tmp 253:2 0 20G 0 lvm /tmp
│ └─vg0-root 253:0 0 5.4T 0 lvm /
├─sdb3 8:19 0 1M 0 part
└─sdb1 8:17 0 512M 0 part
└─md0 9:0 0 511M 0 raid1 /boot
sda 8:0 0 2.7T 0 disk
├─sda2 8:2 0 2.7T 0 part
│ └─md1 9:1 0 5.5T 0 raid0
│ ├─vg0-swap 253:1 0 10G 0 lvm [SWAP]
│ ├─vg0-tmp 253:2 0 20G 0 lvm /tmp
│ └─vg0-root 253:0 0 5.4T 0 lvm /
├─sda3 8:3 0 1M 0 part
└─sda1 8:1 0 512M 0 part
└─md0 9:0 0 511M 0 raid1 /boot

Please help me out (tried for 3+ hours and not resolved yet)