Deluged not working anymore

Overnight, deluged stopped working - its apparently running, but no longer seeding torrents, and I cant connect through the webui. I have no idea what I’m doing, so kinda surprised I got it this far, but hey… Any ideas?

Edit: now webui show me this:

web.Server Traceback (most recent call last):
exceptions.IOError: [Errno 24] Too many open files: ‘/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/ui/web/index.html’
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/web/server.py:190 in process
which goes on for some lines. Did I try to seed to many files?

web.Server Traceback (most recent call last):
exceptions.IOError: [Errno 24] Too many open files: ‘/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/ui/web/index.html’

I’m not one of the experts here, but I happen to have just seen this. Throwing darts at the wall here.

To me the bolded statement above would say that something is overloaded. How many torrents were you seeding before it went down? Do you have an automated RSS feed or something automatically adding torrents… maybe that failed?

Can you log in through SSH? Or have you tried seeing if you can connect to the Deluge service by installing Deluge on another computer and remotely connecting to your server?

I don’t know if anyone would recommend, but if you can get into the box through SSH or by physical terminal (which is always preferable in the event box boots up in safe mode or doesn’t at all), I would just login and reboot the box through command line:

sudo shutdown -r now

thanks for the reply - I was impatient and meaning to reinstall anyway to remove raid 1, so I did.

I’m bookmarking this incase the problem returns.

It might have been too many torrents, it was around 500 I’d guess - but is that really too many?

There was no automated rss or anything like that. A bunch of music torrents.

Anyway, fresh install and everything is working at the moment. (except for plex. I might be back for that one!)

:slight_smile:

meh knock on wood and all that, its back again. It was less than 400 torrents this time. ATM im not sure if its just the webclient that refuses to launch or if its all down (the tracker shows me as seeding, but i know that its a bit slow).

Is 400 torrents really too much?
Any suggestions how to deal with this?

Hey I know how it can go when something isn’t working! Took me 3 weeks of messing around to get my system up and running with two RAID0s (I like living on the edge).

For me anything past 100 torrents and I have major issues trying to get connected to my box via the web. It just acts like the box is offline, cannot reach the website kind of page.

Glad to hear you’re back up and running! As for PLEX, look around on the recent posts. I think I remember seeing something about someone having an issue with PLEX not starting. Good luck!