Deluge Torrents Disappear When Service Restarts

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, but I’ve tried importing the torrents from my old server’s deluge client to QuickBox, and once the file check completes, if I restart the deluged service, all the torrents that loaded up in the client disappear.

The only thing I have changed is the core.conf paths below, so I’m not really sure what is the cause of this.

"move_completed_path": "/mnt/nfs/Torrents",
"download_location": "/mnt/nfs/Torrents",

So in testing, I am deleting everything out of the ~/.config/deluge/state directory and restarting the deluged service. The logging I have setup complains about some missing files, so it goes ahead and creates them.

Next, I add a hash.torrent file to the clean ~/.config/deluge/state folder, deluge checks it and begins seeding. The issue is, when I restart the deluge service now, that hash.torrent file disappears from the ~/.config/deluge/state location and subsequently disappears from the client.

[WARNING ] 13:30:33 torrentmanager:762 Unable to load fastresume file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/truncated/.config/deluge/state/torrents.fastresume'
[WARNING ] 13:30:33 torrentmanager:762 Unable to load fastresume file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/truncated/.config/deluge/state/torrents.fastresume.bak'
[WARNING ] 13:30:33 torrent:905 Unable to delete the torrent file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/truncated/.config/deluge/state/66bd1d731eb81f9fa9a4d0def99f6aaf6db7f8b7.torrent'
[ERROR   ] 13:30:55 torrentmanager:721 Unable to backup /home/truncated/.config/deluge/state/torrents.state to /home/truncated/.config/deluge/state/torrents.state.bak: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
tail: /var/log/deluge/daemon.log: file truncated
[WARNING ] 13:30:55 torrentmanager:653 Unable to update state file to a compatible version: list index out of range
[WARNING ] 13:30:55 torrentmanager:762 Unable to load fastresume file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/truncated/.config/deluge/state/torrents.fastresume'
[WARNING ] 13:30:55 torrentmanager:762 Unable to load fastresume file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/truncated/.config/deluge/state/torrents.fastresume.bak'
[WARNING ] 13:31:00 core:128 check interval loop starting
[WARNING ] 13:31:41 torrentmanager:762 Unable to load fastresume file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/truncated/.config/deluge/state/torrents.fastresume'
[WARNING ] 13:31:41 torrentmanager:762 Unable to load fastresume file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/truncated/.config/deluge/state/torrents.fastresume.bak'
[ERROR   ] 13:31:41 torrentmanager:809 Unable to backup /home/truncated/.config/deluge/state/torrents.fastresume to /home/truncated/.config/deluge/state/torrents.fastresume.bak: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
tail: /var/log/deluge/daemon.log: file truncated
[WARNING ] 13:32:02 torrentmanager:299 Unable to open /home/truncated/.config/deluge/state/fecea1bcfd2da93e8f1c846d10a99daa678e80a7.torrent: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/truncated/.config/deluge/state/fecea1bcfd2da93e8f1c846d10a99daa678e80a7.torrent'
[ERROR   ] 13:32:02 torrentmanager:375 Unable to add torrent!
[WARNING ] 13:32:07 core:128 check interval loop starting

I’m taking a stab in the dark here. But the question reminds me of something I went through YEARS ago when I ran just a Windows box with Deluge. Ever since then I just copy the configuration pages and make sure to setup Deluge the same way from my last “working” solution.

Here’s a few questions:

1. How do you add your torrents, are you using some way of “injecting” them into Deluge, or do you do it by going to the WebUI > Add button > Browsing and uploading a torrent from your computer?

2. Do you have a copy of the TORRENT file copied to your computer?

(My /mnt/traid0 is a RAID0 I have setup that I’m using JUST for torrents)

I want to say I never “copied” the torrents before I had my same sort of issue, and this is what I think I did to fix it. The only downside is the TORRENT file is left there, even after the torrent is deleted from Deluge. Which right now I have 576 TORRENT files in that directory, which is 59MB (which I’m not worried about on 1TB of storage). Sometime if I have to deleted all my currently seeding torrents (after seeding time) I’ll go in and wipe this directory.

1. I see in your path that it says ‘nfs’, does that mean you’re storing all your files remotely on a network attached storage or some sort? Got to ask the stupid question, but until you reload the Deluge service… your torrents download fine without erroring?