Dashboard UI change

I was wondering:
Why not make the PACKAGE MANAGEMENT CENTER and BANDWIDTH DATA switch place.
Reason for this is that you use that area seldom or at least not much after you have set your box up with the services and features you´d like to use. The bandwitdth monitor then takes its place imo and it would present a better look for the Dashboard. Also that widget won´t chage in size or anything quite soon i guess PACKAGE MANAGEMENT CENTER is going too even though you have paging…

This is actually something I have in mind.

####Hint:
It involves sorting the widgets dynamically according to user preference. :wink:
No ETA on this feature, but it is already making it’s way to my javascript library.

2 Likes

I’ve made some change on my Dashboard before last update.

It was with 3x3 grid :

• Line 1 : service controller, service status and CPU load
  • Line 2 : Disk status, CPU status, Ram status
  • Line 3 : Bandwidth data
  • Line 4 : Package center.

You can do that easily by modifying index.php ;).

To avoid breaking everything, tryi to do the operation in live through a Web Inspector (right click with Firefox / Chrome / Safari). When you will be satisfied, changes the index.php locally before replacing it on your server.

Warning: when there is an update Quickbox_dashboard, changes will be deleted.

Thinking out loud:

Dynamic widgets!
Move them where you´d like them. Placement stored pr. userprofile!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@JMSolo

lol you´re like a force - moving stuff arround on my dashboard now…

1 Like

I am currently working out the code to make them actually save their positions. Right now, if you were to refresh they go back to defaults… but we have a start :wink:

1 Like

Well what´s there to say…fan…fu*** tastic man - cheers (waving my cold beer in your direction) :wink:

Very fat update. This made my weekend :smiley:

Waving my cup of Champagne in your direction too :smiley:

1 Like

@JMSolo

After a stable pull Update is either broken or hidden as the update promt doens´t pop up anymore!

Not sure, it’s there for me… ah… b/c you’re using the old method for stable vs. development testing.

Add this as the new file for /srv/rutorrent/home/db/branding-m.php (Just replace all the contents with the below code)

<ul class="dropdown-menu pull-right">
  <li><span style="margin-top:5x"></span></li>
  <li><a href="https://plaza.quickbox.io/c/quickbox-support" target="_blank"><i class="fa fa-warning text-warning"></i> Report an issue </a></li>
  <li><a href="https://quickbox.io/donate" target="_blank"><i class="fa fa-heart text-danger"></i> Donate </a></li>
  <div class="usermenu-div"></div>
  <li style="border-bottom:1px solid #3a3a3a"><pre style="font-size:10px; color: #aaa; padding-bottom:4px">QuickBox Version :: <?php echo "$version"; ?></pre></li>
  <?php if ($username == "$master") { ?>
    <li><a href="?updateQuickBox=true" data-toggle="modal" data-target="#sysResponse" style=""><i class="fa fa-bell text-success"></i> Check for updates </a></li>
  <?php } ?>
  </span></li>
</ul>

lol old - when did you tell us to use this a week ago or something like that and it is “old” already :wink:

Fixed a translation for the language file gonna upload it to the repo once i have quiet moment and figure out how :slight_smile:

1 Like