Dashboard showing: Index of /

Hi,

So I went to go check on my dashboard and arrived at the following page:

Index of /
Name Last modified Size Description

Figured it updated wrong at some point so I did a upgradeQuickBox. When I also tried to [sudo su] in ssh, i got the following error message:

/etc/sudoers: syntax error near line 26 <<<
sudo: parse error in /etc/sudoers near line 26
sudo: no valid sudoers sources found, quitting
sudo: unable to initialize policy plugin

I now cannot log into the dashboard or the rutorrent dash at all, as it’s not accepting my password credentials and leading me to the following page message:

401 unauthorized
This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn’t understand how to supply the credentials required.

Then I logged out of putty, went to sudo su and it worked. But i still cant access either the dash or rutorrent.

Appreciate the help very much, as always.

Update: Ran

bash /etc/QuickBox/setup/quickbox-setup

And after it re-setup, I can now access my rutorrent, The only issue I can see though it that when I go to my quickbox dash, it’s a completely blank page. Not sure if the sudo issue is still present, but I am able to sudo su just fine now.

Update 2: Ran UpdateQuickBox and then UpgradeQuickBox and my dashboard is back to looking like this:

Index of /
Name Last modified Size Description

I’m also having the same issue, seems that the entire /etc/QuickBox dir has been removed for some reason. I recently used the upgradeQuickbox command and after that is was completely broken. I have included the log output of the upgrade below, as you can see it doesn’t contain much information.

Pulling QuickBox Ecosystem ...
Updating QuickBox System Commands & Packages ...
Updating the useradd skeleton directories ...
Looking for install directory for .lock files ...
Updating mktorrent if necessary ...
Updating the rutorrent directory ...
Updating the QuickBox Dashboard ... cp: cannot stat '/etc/QuickBox/dashboard/.': No such file or directory

Setting up and updating Master DB files ... cp: cannot create regular file '/srv/rutorrent/home/db/master.txt': No such file or directory
/usr/local/bin/quickbox/system/upgradeQuickBox: line 122: /srv/rutorrent/home/db/interface.txt: No such file or directory

Updating the QuickBox Sudoers template ...
Updating inc's .startup cronfile... cp: cannot stat '/etc/QuickBox/setup/templates/startup.template': No such file or directory

Updating QuickBox crons for boot ...
Adjusting permissions ... chmod: cannot access '/home/inc/.startup': No such file or directory

[quickbox] Seedbox & GUI Update Completed !

(1:158)# tail /etc/QuickBox.update.3764.log
rm: cannot remove 'installplugin-*': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'removeplugin-*': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'installpackage-*': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'removepackage-*': No such file or directory

Not sure why you’re running those additional commands, as you can run box upgrade to update your QuickBox installation. Re-running the setup can be done, however, it is not advised as it can overwrite your .sessions folder and should only be used as a last resort.

With that said, can you run box upgrade and see if that restores your dashboard?

@zooloo, the same applies to your comment.

If you need help with valid QuickBox commands, there’s an article for that.

Hey JM,

Yeah, I made a backup of the .sessions folder but when I re-ran setup, it kept it intact this time. And as for the commands, I was kinda of just trying everything to get something to work so I apologize.

Now, I ran box upgrade and it just crashed my credentials again. I was actually in rutorrent when I ran the command, and it kicked me out asking for a user and pass, which now don’t work again. (Last time, the way I fixed this was by re-running setup).

So back to square one unless I rerun setup again. (although I’m sure there’s a bigger underlying problem).

Here’s my log output from running box upgrade when It broke credentials:

https://ghostbin.com/paste/2p4qp

There’s definitely some issues, and this popped up again:

cat: /srv/rutorrent/home/db/master.txt: No such file or directory >>> /etc/sudoers: syntax error near line 26 <<< sudo: parse error in /etc/sudoers near line 26 sudo: no valid sudoers sources found, quitting sudo: unable to initialize policy plugin find: ‘/home/*/.config/deluge’: No such file or directory

The weirdest thing thought is that all this happened to begin with out of nowhere, when I was just checking my dash.

Again, very grateful for the help.

Update: Super weird but everything seems to be working now. I really had to manage some torrent in rutorrent, so I re-ran setup again. When it rebooted, i checked each dash and they’re working 100% now. and when I sudo su, it does so without issues. So I guess running setup again fixed everything?

I will say, I’m a little worried about running box upgrade again since it’s all working. Should I in case there’s still some underlying issue?

(And now thinking about it, the only recent thing I had been doing prior to the issue popping up was setting up a cpu-miner for mining monero, that I had running for a couple of weeks straight at 50% capacity).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.