Commands not working

First of all, thanks for the script. Its rock solid and clean, but i have found some issues.

Commands is not working, have tried several.

The server was clean running Debian 8

Precursor: The commands are a default of the root ~/.bashrc file. The server must be rebooted in order for these commands to sticky and become active.

Some quick Q’s

1. Can you confirm that you have done the recommended reboot after install?
  2. Can you confirm that this is a dedicated server and not a VPS running OpenVZ?
  3. Is this machine from either OVH or it’s reseller SYS?

Something interesting and a bit more detail

However, quotaoff is something built into the dependency tree that was installed with QuickBox… it is not a QuickBox command per se.

I am curious however as I see fixhome and showspace are working. Do me this favor and …

cd /usr/local/bin/quickbox/system
ls -l

Let me know what all shows there.

Additionally, what lives in your /etc/fstab? It may be possible (for some very odd reason) the quota package did not get installed. I will sample this against another Debian 8 install.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply. :heart_eyes:

1. I did a reboot right after the installation complete.
  2. This is a dedicated server com Leaseweb.

Running as root, everything seems to work.

One question, this script allow to be installed using different partitions? My system is installed on SSD

And i have 4 HD of 3TB without raid.

At the moment this could be done, however, there would need to be manual interaction/setup. Additionally, there would need to be an option to choose the disk and it’s accompanied mount point in order to set quotas accordingly. I have this as a theory in practice on a couple of installs at the moment and it’s really rough around the edges, so the short answer is… no, not right now, but this feature has been requested by those not wanting RAID setups.

The real challenge is having it choose the /(root) mount on the proper disk… or perhaps select the mount with the least amount of space… this is a monumental task that I am embarked on.

####Post Script
Glad it’s all sorted out and working! I suppose I should had noticed immediately the commands were attempting to run as non-root. :blush:

The new service you provice can have this done?

Make everything need to be fixed? :stuck_out_tongue:

I think only need to set the users to other mounted disk.

This would be a separate custom invoice provided by the developer handling your server (if you chose to opt-in to that service) The services you see currently are only covering installation and white-label, which is purely cosmetic and does not include additional developments. The problems is we all manage to run this ship all while managing our daily lives, thus we have not provided the service (yet) to do custom developments.

I say this, but this service will more than likely be adopted to the lineup in the future… we just need more reliable and trustworthy developers to join in… but our screening process is rather lengthy and strict… this ensures your data stays private and the job gets done with complete anonymity on your part.

I will run this by a couple of other trusted developers and see if anyone can provide this for you before we officially launch it as part of the base code. The implementation of multi-mount (no raid) installs could be upward of 2 to 3 more weeks however.

1 Like

Hey, thanks, i can pay not much money, but i can give some :blush:

setting /home as extended partition might work. having / on ssd and /home on a hdd and or hdds set up for extended partitions
these might help.

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Partition/fdisk_partitioning.html

can i recommend attempting to install as a raid 0 on the 4x3TB it would allow better read and write which is important with torrenting. and set no swap on that raid and only set swap on the ssd that would be best configuration unless you want redundancy. then then raid 1+0 would be best. and i think if i am right this can be done if drives are not the os disk.

I get rid of raid cause sometimes disks are always with high usage, usually 70-100%

Me and my friends are sharing thie server, so each one will have their own HD.

raid 1 will have high usage raid 0 is faster and less problematic when it comes to read and right. i learned this first hand with raid 1 on windows having disk overload a lot of the time… one idea you might want to see if its a possibility is setting up your own vps’s so that each of your friends has a master account. raid 1 cuts write speed in half and raid 0 is writespeed X number of drives so it only gets faster with more drives so with 4 drives so 4 times as fast as just one. but setting each user to their own drive well you’re limiting the speed of the read and write so even if you have say 1gb speeds you will never see more than 200mb download and or upload and it will give a lot of problems when you try to do things like archiving and or unrar,

I think also… the more I sit on this… it’s situations like this where a QuickBox Docker application will come in handy. Essentially, each user (if they are using their own disk) can simply have their own private container with their own instances of QuickBox and it’s included features-set. It would be easy enough to just create the directories for assigning the containers… such as

/var/QuickBox/container1 ... container2 ... etc etc

Then you just install the containers within these directories and each one being assigned to a mount. It would be manual again as there is only so much a script can do in terms of automation… but we would lay out a documented guideline to be easily attained and followed.

Can you do the setup?

Modify to install on different partitions