Combined Repo and QB version problem

Hi,

only today I noticed that there is a news regarding a combined repo and the version of QB is 2.5.0. So I updated to new combined repo with this command:

wget -O /usr/local/bin/quickbox/system/updateQuickBox https://raw.githubusercontent.com/QuickBox/QB/master/packages/system/updateQuickBox &&
dos2unix $(find /usr/local/bin/quickbox -type f) && chmod +x $(find /usr/local/bin/quickbox -type f)
updateQuickBox

But sincerly I don’t find any information about this and I wish to know what it does. Additionally, after the update, I noticed in the Dashboard that the QB version is2.4.9 while on GitHub is 2.5.0. It’s correct? I didn’t understand anything?? :blush:

It’s a combined repo of all of our resources. Our QuickBox/QuickBox repository made use of submodules for resources, which made it difficult for some to help that didn’t understand submodules with git… it additionally makes it easier and more efficient to collaborate and post commits.

You may need to run box upgrade or update once more from your dashboard to address the new updates. These instructions will be placed soon.

2 Likes

Perfect. Thanks!! :slight_smile:

EDIT:

I ran the updater via box upgrade but still remain 2.4.9. I tried also to run the updater using the dashboard command but also in this case remain 2.4.9.

only today I noticed that there is a news regarding a combined repo and the version of QB is 2.5.0. So I updated to new combined repo with this command:

wget -O /usr/local/bin/quickbox/system/updateQuickBox https://raw.githubusercontent.com/QuickBox/QB/master/packages/system/updateQuickBox &&
dos2unix $(find /usr/local/bin/quickbox -type f) && chmod +x $(find /usr/local/bin/quickbox -type f)
updateQuickBox
But sincerly I don’t find any information about this and I wish to know what it does. Additionally, after the update, I noticed in the Dashboard that the QB version is2.4.9 while on GitHub is 2.5.0. It’s correct? I didn’t understand anything?? :blush:

When you run the updateQuickBox did you get

chmod: cannot access ‘/srv/rutorrent/plugins/filemanager/scripts’: No such file or directory

I also got that after trying to run box upgrade

Sounds like it’s time to rebuild the box from scratch (as is the Windows way) :sweat_smile:

Not had this error be produced personally on multiple trials. Could you check @POWerSUrgeSW3 that the file is in fact there?

I’ve got some time lying around today and I will check into this.

@JMSolo my apologies, I forgot to mention that I actually had already gone looking to see what was missing. And if I do an ls on /srv/rutorrent/plugins there is no folder listed as filemanager

Here’s what’s inside of my /src/rutorrent/plugins folder

check_port
_getdir _noty
_noty2
README.md
_task

Weird? As the original message for the chmod error was related to a folder missing

chmod: cannot access ‘/srv/rutorrent/plugins/filemanager/scripts’: No such file or directory

I’m not overly concerned, as I was able to go through the steps and still have QuickBox working. But I happened to have just caught @Neonlinx post and thought maybe we are having the same issue?

Hmm, that certainly isn’t normal, your plugin directory… there should be a lot more present.

(1:191)# ls -l /srv/rutorrent/plugins
total 212K
drwxrwsr-x 7 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 autodl-irssi
drwxrwsr-x 3 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 autotools
drwxrwsr-x 4 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 check_port
drwxrwsr-x 3 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 chunks
drwxrwsr-x 3 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 cookies
drwxrwsr-x 3 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 cpuload
drwxrwsr-x 4 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 create
drwxrwsr-x 3 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 data
drwxrwsr-x 3 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 datadir
drwxrwsr-x 4 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 diskspaceh
drwxrwsr-x 3 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 edit
drwxrwsr-x 3 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 erasedata
drwxrwsr-x 3 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 extratio
drwxrwsr-x 5 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 extsearch
drwxrwsr-x 3 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 feeds
drwxrwsr-x 3 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 filedrop
drwxrwsr-x 5 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 filemanager
drwxrwsr-x 5 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 fileshare
drwxrwsr-x 5 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 fileupload
drwxrwsr-x 4 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 geoip
drwxrwsr-x 2 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 _getdir
drwxrwsr-x 3 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 history
drwxrwsr-x 2 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 httprpc
drwxrwsr-x 2 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 ipad
drwxrwsr-x 4 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 loginmgr
drwxrwsr-x 4 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 logoff
drwxrwsr-x 3 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 lookat
drwxrwsr-x 3 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 mediainfo
drwxrwsr-x 6 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 mobile
drwxrwsr-x 2 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 _noty
drwxrwsr-x 2 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 _noty2
drwxrwsr-x 4 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 pausewebui
drwxrwsr-x 3 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 ratio
drwxrwsr-x 3 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 ratiocolor
-rw-rw-r-- 1 www-data www-data   19 Apr  6 01:24 README.md
drwxrwsr-x 3 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 retrackers
drwxrwsr-x 2 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 rpc
drwxrwsr-x 4 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 rss
drwxrwsr-x 4 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 rssurlrewrite
drwxrwsr-x 4 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 rutracker_check
drwxrwsr-x 3 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 scheduler
drwxrwsr-x 3 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 screenshots
drwxrwsr-x 3 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 seedingtime
drwxrwsr-x 2 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 show_peers_like_wtorrent
drwxrwsr-x 3 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 source
drwxrwsr-x 3 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 stream
drwxrwsr-x 4 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 _task
drwxrwsr-x 4 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 theme
drwxrwsr-x 3 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 throttle
drwxrwsr-x 4 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 tracklabels
drwxrwsr-x 3 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 trafic
drwxrwsr-x 3 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 unpack
drwxrwsr-x 4 www-data www-data 4.0K Apr  6 23:51 xmpp

I will look into this and see if something in the update to the new repo causes this, however, I have repo swapped for a few members and this hasn’t cropped up. Thanks for the report.

1 Like

@JMSolo I know you are going to do testing, and that’s awesome (because that rocks above most professional tech support we get today)… but would it be advised to try to use the latest script for QuickBox and to try to do a “reinstall” for “missing pieces”?

I guess one other thing I should mention, is I don’t use rutorrent at all, never run it once. (Sorry trying to NOT be a user here!) Maybe that’s why I don’t have everything in the folder? I use Deluge exclusively, and that functions perfectly fine for me. Was just sitting here thinking about troubleshooting and that came to mind.

1 Like

Then that is why (possibly) it errors out on you. We’re going to make this process a little more independent of ruTorrent hooks in the future to make preferences easier between torrenting software.

Yea, I noticed when I did a upgrade on my box it failed on Deluge which Isn’t installed either :smiley: lol

I use ruTorrent exclusively and unable to update to 2.5, the exact same problem as @POWerSUrgeSW3 :frowning: Tried both the upgrade commands and multiple times on the dashboard. Also the commands to switch the repo.

EDIT: Also don’t have Deluge installed. Is the fix at present to install Deluge?

Did you switch to the combined repo already?
If you are on the Github repo and want to upgrade to the new combined repo run
sudo su wget -O /usr/local/bin/quickbox/system/updateQuickBox https://raw.githubusercontent.com/QuickBox/QB/master/packages/system/updateQuickBox && dos2unix $(find /usr/local/bin/quickbox -type f) && chmod +x $(find /usr/local/bin/quickbox -type f) updateQuickBox

Yes. Of course :slight_smile:

/usr/local/bin/quickbox/system/updateQuickBox: line 456: v: command not found
mv: cannot stat ‘rtorrent’: No such file or directory
/usr/local/bin/quickbox/system/updateQuickBox: line 460: syntax error near unexpected token fi' /usr/local/bin/quickbox/system/updateQuickBox: line 460: fi’

Getting the same error as @rumiat.

I checked the file. Line 450 is commented out in my box. Line 456 refers to the updaterttheme() function. Not sure about the error though.

Same here. Please advice what to do. @JMSolo
Thanks!

I had the same issue and I resolved it by

rm -rf /etc/QuickBox

followed by

git clone https://github.com/QuickBox/QB /etc/QuickBox

1 Like

README on GitHub as well as the FAQ here on site, have both been updated to make these instructions crystal clear.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! Yup following the new instructions @JMSolo posted here on the new ReadMe, I’ve gone from QuickBox v2.4.9 to v2.5.1 Going this route, along with the little notes here and there, a lot easier to know what you’re doing.

I’ve upgraded both boxes I admin without any issues.

I’m still getting the chmod: cannot access '/srv/rutorrent/plugins/filemanager/scripts': No such file or directory message on my personal box… but that could still be related to not having all the files that are supposed to be in there (and I’m not worried).

The other box I admin I have not touched it at all with this process, I figured I would wait until I got my box figured out before I attempted. So I did not have the same chmod error like above on that box, but did have the the same line 456/460 error that @rumiat had. Though I kept just plugging through the steps, and seem to work without issue.

I’ve rebooted both boxes and they still seem to function without issues and are both on v2.5.1. Nice! If there is any logs or something to test if anyone needs, please let me know.