Can't update autodl-irssi

After installing QuickBox, everything seems to be running smoothly, however I’m struggling to update autodl-irssi. Everytime I attempt it, it gives me this:

Irssi: Downloading autodl update...

Irssi: ERROR: Updater::_notifyHandler: ex: Undefined subroutine &AutodlIrssi::updateFailed called at /home/eny0/.irssi/scripts/AutodlIrssi/Startup.pm line 585.

Irssi: ERROR: Updater::_notifyHandler: ex: Undefined subroutine &AutodlIrssi::updateFailed called at /home/eny0/.irssi/scripts/AutodlIrssi/Startup.pm line 712.

This error occurs through both the ruTorrent interface, and over commandline.
I have tried rebooting, running box update & box upgrade, but to no avail.

I also tried reinstalling, but this did not fix the issue.
I’m running QuickBox on an online.net server, and faced the pinging issue after reboot (which was fixed), if it helps.

Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.12.14-041214-generic x86_64)

1 Like

Currently working on updating the entire plugin library to be on par with the authors. These issues should all be addressed (completed) by this time tomorrow. Here’s some for now about to be merged into the master branch:

That’s awesome to hear! Thanks @JMSolo.
In the meantime, I’ve manually updated the trackers I need, but an official update through the QB branch is great news.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Hi,

Any update on this please? I’m unable to update from autodl-irssi v.1.62 and receiving the same error message as the OP.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi. Same problem here. Running Quickbox v2.5.3, giving this errors:

Irssi: Downloading autodl update…

Irssi: ERROR: Updater::_notifyHandler: ex: Undefined subroutine &AutodlIrssi::updateFailed called at /home/eny0/.irssi/scripts/AutodlIrssi/Startup.pm line 585.

Irssi: ERROR: Updater::_notifyHandler: ex: Undefined subroutine &AutodlIrssi::updateFailed called at /home/eny0/.irssi/scripts/AutodlIrssi/Startup.pm line 712.

Same here ! Any update ?

Have you guys ran box upgrade and tried the install command once more? There were a few changes to the update/install script to work out some of these potential issues.

It’s worse now, i can’t reinstall autodl :

/usr/local/bin/quickbox/package/install/installpackage-autodl: line 65: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
/usr/local/bin/quickbox/package/install/installpackage-autodl: line 65: `?>'

Hi,

Yes I did and I’m still getting the same error.

Thanks!

Thank you for that report. I just pushed an update that should address this issue now.

https://github.com/QuickBox/QB/commit/3f4ce11765837c227780875ae477b02ccf7350ae

Hello,

updated box, but giving errors updating autodl:

Irssi: ERROR: Updater::_notifyHandler: ex: Undefined subroutine &AutodlIrssi::updateFailed called at /home/bluepower/.irssi/scripts/AutodlIrssi/Startup.pm line 585.

Irssi: ERROR: Updater::_notifyHandler: ex: Undefined subroutine &AutodlIrssi::updateFailed called at /home/bluepower/.irssi/scripts/AutodlIrssi/Startup.pm line 712.

Any ideas of what i’m doing wrong?

I did this modification myself before you pushed the update. I was able to reinstall autodl. But I can’t tell you if the original problem is still present because I updated manually the .irssi/scripts/AutodlIrssi/ folder with the original repo. It worked fine after this.

Edit : And I think maybe you need to escape the “<” and “>” because the conf.php file created was something like this (I don’t remember exactly) :

<?php
$ = xxxx;
$ = xxxxxxxx;
?>

And put the $autodlPassword value between quotes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Corrected below, thank you for pointing that out! :smiley:

1 Like

hmm just made a fresh install for a friend of mine and the error is still there.

16.04 Ubun
and
apt-get -yqq update; apt-get -yqq upgrade; apt-get -yqq install git lsb-release;
git clone https://github.com/QuickBox/QB /etc/QuickBox &&
bash /etc/QuickBox/setup/quickbox-setup

even box upgrade

Still ending up with:

Hi,

Sorry for being a pain, any update on the update autodl-irssi issue please or is there a way this can be done manually until it’s fixed?

Thanks

1 Like

Stil not able to upgrade…

sorry for bumping

1 Like

Yap, still not updating… :frowning:

It seems the changes were made a month ago: https://github.com/QuickBox/QB/tree/master/rtplugins/autodl-irssi
but it doesn’t take affect on a new server install. Some clarification would be nice to have please :slight_smile:

Hello,

Could you please update us about when it will be possible to update autodl-irssi?