BTsync (Resilio) won't install

Hi all,

I had btsync installed before and was running okay (a bit slow), but I wanted to try out syncthing, so I uninstalled btsync and installed syncthing and used it for few days until I realized that it uses much more RAM than btsync, so I decided to switch back. Now when I try to install btsync from the dasboard, it doesn’t install properly as it ends up being disabled and I can’t re-enable it. I tried installing it from the CLI using sudo box install btsync, and got this:

Installing btsync Script started, file is /dev/null
cp: cannot create regular file ‘/etc/btsync/config.json’: No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file ‘/etc/btsync/user_config.json’: No such file or directory
sed: can’t read /etc/btsync/config.json: No such file or directory
sed: can’t read /etc/btsync/user_config.json: No such file or directory
Failed to start btsync.service: Unit btsync.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Script done, file is /dev/null

I would appreciate any help. Thank you :slight_smile:

Try “sudo su -” and then call box. I think it wants you in /root

Thanks so much for your help, but unfortunately I got the same outcome as before :’(

Having the same issue currently - BTSync not installing via the installer or box install btsync - same output as mentioned by OP.

Running the box install btsync command as root.

@JMSolo - any idea whats up here mate?

Same problem here :

Installing btsync
chown: invalid group: ‘master:btsync’
cp: cannot create regular file ‘/etc/btsync/config.json’: No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file ‘/etc/btsync/user_config.json’: No such file or directory
sed: can't read /etc/btsync/config.json: No such file or directory
sed: can't read /etc/btsync/user_config.json: No such file or directory

tried to run as “sudo su -” and from /root without success.

Type the following in ssh
(the hyphen is hardstopping the enable)

systemctl enable resilio-sync
systemctl start resilio-sync
systemctl restart resilio-sync

####POST SCRIPT
I will be addressing this issue in a commit this weekend with additional version bumping

thx @JMSolo
i have just updated quickbox.io via the ui and the install works fine now.

1 Like