Autodl-irssi error update

I have problem with update irssi. Saying this text and I dont know, what with them.

please, Can you help me?

Thanks.

What version of QuickBox are you on?

Is some command how to finding actual version? I installed latest version, I hope.

v2.4.8

Will you run box upgrade from ssh? Then attempt to update autodl once more.

I upgraded box to v2.4.9, and “Update” still wrote error.

Any other ideas? :slight_smile:

//edit

After upgrade. Now I find out it does not work Apache

[code]Not Found

The requested URL /mynick.rtorrent.downloads was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.18[/code]

:frowning:

This looks a lot like you have some bad configuration on your server. I ran several tests against this last night and it updates as it should without conflict or error. Especially when you mention you updated and apache is not working?

What is that output of la -l /srv/rutorrent/home

I have the exact same issue, it started around the same time as the OP noticed.
I haven’t done any configuration to change it, have done several restarts of the servers, no issues with apache to report, everything working normally, it’s just that there is an issue with autodl irssi not updating.
I did try shutting down the service, uninstalling and reinstalling from dashboard after doing box Upgrade, but to no avail. Always same error. I am guessing the quickbox script or whatever part of it installs irssi needs to have some fixes. Any suggestions? Again, no other issues, everything working normally after liara set me up, i have been doing apt-get upgrade and dist-upgrade regularly and restarted a few times.
The output of the command you asked the OP for is here

Why are you doing dist-upgrade? Which OS(ver) are you on?

It’s just unusual as I can run this on several different QuickBox installs that I manage for a few members and the update is successful every time.

Ubuntu 16.04, i always used to do that when i was running ubuntu, why not do it, i never had any issues.
I am not saying it isn’t working for others, it just isn’t working for me, if you want to take a look, i would be happy to let you in.
Or point me to the direction of re-installing autodl irssi but not from the dashboard as it keeps not working.

Well, that command can have adverse effects on an OS as it delegates the need to upgrade from distro to distro. It shouldn’t hurt anything really… but I just can’t say for sure. Typically apt is all that’s needed. I will shoot you a PM later and will gladly take a look at this for you.

I have PM’ed you a couple of times with no response, I just sent another message. I am willing to donate for a beer if i am to have autodl irssi auto update and keep doing so in the future.
I tried stopping the service, uninstalling the plugin and then reinstalling, no change. All this after updating QuickBox, so i dont really know what else to do. Obviously, re-installing the whole script is not an option as i have invested on this server.

Regards,

Let me first receive the confirmation that this is a global issue. For now it’s hard to pinpoint as it’s not that easy to reproduce. I am working on trialing a few scenarios later today and into tomorrow. As per not responding back to your PM, I do apologize… I get an insurmountable number of PMs daily and it takes time to work through as some are simple and some are not. No worries, I do plan to resolve your issue (find a way to fix it at the very least) as soon as possible.

did you ever find a solution, as this just started happening to me. Never did this before, only thing thats new is a subdomain rather than an ip. I have tried to fixhome and box update then retry the update. all failed.

Purple:~# la -l /srv/rutorrent/home
total 72K
drwxr-xr-x  2 www-data www-data 4.0K Feb 16 10:37 custom
drwxr-xr-x  2 www-data www-data 4.0K Feb 16 10:38 db
drwxr-xr-x  2 www-data www-data 4.0K Feb 16 10:38 fileshare
drwxr-xr-x  5 www-data www-data 4.0K Feb 16 10:37 img
drwxr-xr-x  2 www-data www-data 4.0K Feb 18 12:34 inc
drwxr-xr-x  2 www-data www-data 4.0K Feb 16 10:37 js
drwxr-xr-x  2 www-data www-data 4.0K Feb 16 10:37 lang
drwxr-xr-x 18 www-data www-data 4.0K Feb 16 10:37 lib
drwxr-xr-x  2 www-data www-data 4.0K Feb 16 10:37 skins
drwxr-xr-x  3 www-data www-data 4.0K Feb 18 12:34 widgets
drwxr-xr-x  4 www-data www-data 4.0K Feb 16 10:37 _h5ai
-rw-r--r--  1 www-data www-data  378 Feb 16 10:37 .gitattributes
-rw-r--r--  1 www-data www-data  649 Feb 16 10:37 .gitignore
-rw-r--r--  1 www-data www-data   95 Feb 16 10:37 .htaccess
-rw-r--r--  1 www-data www-data 2.0K Feb 16 10:37 README.md
lrwxrwxrwx  1 www-data www-data   26 Feb 16 10:38 bif.deluge.downloads -> /home/bif/torrents/deluge/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 www-data www-data   28 Feb 16 10:38 bif.rtorrent.downloads -> /home/bif/torrents/rtorrent/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 www-data www-data   32 Feb 16 10:38 bif.transmission.downloads -> /home/bif/torrents/transmission/
-rw-r--r--  1 www-data www-data 8.7K Feb 16 10:37 index.php