Apache2 Ubuntu Default Page

Hi :stuck_out_tongue:

i have been trying to install quickbox a couple of times, and i keep getting errors.
i dont know where the log file is saved to, but i managed to screenshot some of the errors

My install from a fresh OS :
1 apt-get update
2 apt-get upgrade
3 sudo apt-get -y update; apt-get -y upgrade; apt-get -y install git lsb-release;
sudo git clone --recursive https://github.com/QuickBox/QuickBox QuickBox &&
sudo bash ~/QuickBox/setup/quickbox-setup

also tried
sudo apt-get -y update; apt-get -y upgrade; apt-get -y install git lsb-release;
git clone --recursive https://github.com/QuickBox/QuickBox QuickBox &&
bash ~/QuickBox/setup/quickbox-setup

but the install seems to go fine anyways, but i get ā€œApache2 Ubuntu Default Pageā€ when trying to access the seedbox :open_mouth:

The quickbox log should be stored in the /root directory (quickbox.****.log)

Are you running the install command from the /root directory? The installer is looking for the files pulled by the first command and it expects to find them in /root/QuickBox ā€“ it seems plausible that you cloned the repository somewhere else (ie. /home/someuser/QuickBox)

What OS are you running?

it installed to /home/myuser/QuickBox
but i canā€™t seem to find the log though :open_mouth:

i just opened terminal and entered the commands :stuck_out_tongue:

and sorry forgot, running ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Who is the provider? ^^

my self? :stuck_out_tongue:
installing it on my laptop :stuck_out_tongue:

sorry for forgetting so much info :stuck_out_tongue:

Ohh. Seems weird. Had the same problem but with Debian 8.4 and my provider s SoyouStart.

And as @liara are asking, are you sure you cant locate the log file under /root folder?

cant even access the /root folder :open_mouth:

Try this:

sudo bash
cd /root
apt-get -y update; apt-get -y upgrade; apt-get -y install git lsb-release; \
git clone --recursive https://github.com/QuickBox/QuickBox QuickBox &&
bash /root/QuickBox/setup/quickbox-setup

The root folder has permissions such that it can only be viewed if root is your current user. You can sudo into the root folder, but you have to know the path explicitly because regular users donā€™t have read permission into /root. By running sudo bash, you elevate your current user to superuser and should have no troubles investigating the contents of /root

1 Like

Thatā€™s your problem. You must install this in the root of your serverā€¦ ie /root/ Otherwise the packages are not being imported properly from your local systems repo.

when asked where to put it, i tried both ā€œ1: /ā€ and ā€œ2: /homeā€ and gave the same result :stuck_out_tongue:

havent tried doing
sudo bash
cd /root

first though, can i just remove everything and install again? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah you can try that. But just remember to install the script as root ^^

Itā€™s not trying to store QuickBox in those locationsā€¦ that is the mount point for your quotas on a given partition. If you have a /home mounted partitionā€¦ you opt for number 2. The results of lsblk will show you which mount point to use and the script does this on install.

In the beginning of the script before it ask you to continue, you see output such as this:

NAME   MAJ:MIN RM  SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sda      8:0    0   10G  0 disk
ā”œā”€sda1   8:1    0    9G  0 part /
ā”œā”€sda2   8:2    0    1K  0 part
ā””ā”€sda5   8:5    0 1022M  0 part [SWAP]
sr0     11:0    1 1024M  0 rom

Typically, on the point with the most space assigned is the one you should select. / or /home

So an update :stuck_out_tongue:
got it working using
sudo bash
cd /root

so thank you so much for your help :smiley: and i donated a bit as a thank you :stuck_out_tongue:
have a great day/evening :smiley:

2 Likes