Another disk status problem

Hi,

I have problem with disk status not showing correct data. I tried some solution posted in forum but with no success.

As I remember I mounted on root during install. Then I did a “setdisk” for home. I have a Kimsufi server with 2TB hard disk. I set 1.8TB for /home.

In the dashboard disk widget says a disk space of 1.8TB and 0.00162125 for disk used (but in reality is 499GB). In rutorrent disk space is not working at all as it says 1.6TB/1.6TB.

If you have mounted on /(root) then running setdisk with /home will not work as fstab will be expecting /home to be the partition for assigning quota and not /(root).

What are the contents of /etc/fstab?

/dev/sda2 / ext4 usrjquota=aquota.user,jqfmt=vfsv1,errors=remount-ro,relatime 0 1
/dev/sda3 /home ext4 defaults,relatime 1 2
/dev/sda4 swap swap defaults 0 0

Can you additionally show me the output of lsblk

Sure! Here is:

NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sda 8:0 0 1.8T 0 disk
├─sda1 8:1 0 1004.5K 0 part
├─sda2 8:2 0 19.5G 0 part /
├─sda3 8:3 0 1.8T 0 part /home
└─sda4 8:4 0 511M 0 part [SWAP]

Ok, you assigned quotas to the /(root) mount but your data is stored on the /home partition. Change your fstab to the following:

First, start by editing your fstab so the proper mount point has quotas assigned.

/dev/sda2 / ext4 defaults,relatime 0 1
/dev/sda3 /home ext4 usrjquota=aquota.user,jqfmt=vfsv1,errors=remount-ro,relatime 1 2
/dev/sda4 swap swap defaults 0 0

Next, turn off and reassign quotas to be read from the correct mount point.

quotaoff -a
service quota stop
mount -o remount /home
quotacheck -auMF vfsv1
quotaon -uv /home
service quota start

Finally, run fix-disk_widget_home to adjust the dashboard disk widget to read the right mounts.

You’ll also want to tun off the plugin diskspace and then turn on diskspaceh on your dashboard (under the plugin tab) on the left menu.

This should set you up with a fix.

Done,

Now disk widget is showing correctly the disk used but not the size and the free space. And rutorrent says that the disk is full. Do I need to do a “setdisk”? if so can you tell me the right procedure?

Do a setdisk for your user one more time and see if the widget updates. If ruTorrent is informing you the disk is full then make sure you are using the diskspaceh plugin and have uninstalled the diskspace plugin.

Done,

now all is working! Thanks!! :grinning:

1 Like